China Girl Motorized Bicycle Backfire

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey everyone,
For the past couple of days when I first get on the bike..( cold start )......it'll backfire once....and I mean a LOUD pop !....then fires right up......it has never done this before......I've checked the plug which has a nice brown color and no fouling.....the motor runs just fine.....do I need to be concerned?
I've never heard of a 2 stroke backfiring let alone experienced it.....

Thanks y'all,
Salty.shft.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Re: China Girl Backfire

I had a couple backfires a few days ago. Not doing it now. I had not heard of this before either but now I have. I'm not worryed about it unless it was ongoing.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Did you hear only one sort of loud pop at start up? If so check the heads nuts for being loose
one of my bikes did this kind of made me go what the ????? So I broke out the torque wrench and checked the nuts on the head sure enough they were loose, tightened them up to the torque
I like to use on the 10mm nuts which for me is around 110 inch lbs. and no more pop on start up.
This might be happening on your bike wouldn't hurt to check them might save you a blown head gasket.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

Did you hear only one sort of loud pop at start up? If so check the heads nuts for being loose
one of my bikes did this kind of made me go what the ????? So I broke out the torque wrench and checked the nuts on the head sure enough they were loose, tightened them up to the torque
I like to use on the 10mm nuts which for me is around 110 inch lbs. and no more pop on start up.
This might be happening on your bike wouldn't hurt to check them might save you a blown head gasket.
Yes !.....one loud POP....if I heard it it has to be loud!

Thanks Norm......where as I don't have a torque wrench.....I can tell if a bolt is loose......am going to check that right now......would that be a vacuum leak ?....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

Yes !.....one loud POP....if I heard it it has to be loud!

Thanks Norm......where as I don't have a torque wrench.....I can tell if a bolt is loose......am going to check that right now......would that be a vacuum leak ?....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

You're right Norm....Torqued the head bolts.....among others.....no POP.....so far so good....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.