put a 49cc on this?

GoldenMotor.com

myocardia

Jul 29, 2009
near Dallas, TX
I can pretty much assure you that you would have to license and insure it as a NeV, if not a full-fledged motorcycle. Shoot, any engine that will go 40 MPH on a "normal" bicycle would have that thing above 60 MPH, since the majority of power that's required for bicycles is just to overcome drag/wind resistance. With that thing, there's almost no drag.:) Actually, the drag coefficient would be exactly 1/10th of a bicycle, so it would only require 1/10th the power for the same speed, compared to a bicycle. If I had the money, I'd buy a full setup, then put a fairly powerful electric motor on the rear wheel.

vooodooou

Jul 26, 2009
usa
they race those. the record is 60+ mph for 60 minutes with 2 33 ah batters at 24 volts. can you say 300 mpg at 49cc

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think it would be legal in AZ, IF you hold the speed below 20mph and have working pedals. I wish the site showed pics of the frame w/o the bodywork. It would make it easier to plan a build.

vooodooou

Jul 26, 2009
usa
they had pics on there site in the past. frame is a rectangle with two arms off the back to hold the rear wheel, and two axles of pipe coming off both sides to hold front wheel and a single hoop roll cage with two braces going forward. very basic i think it was 1.5x1" box tube.