Air filter housing, fuel needle

GoldenMotor.com

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I have a grubee gt-5. On the air cleaner housing( the steel housing not the plastic peice ) there is a lever that moves up and down. Anyone know what it's for ? Also my instructions say to bottom out the fuel needle valve and back out 41/2 turns, but when I try to bottom out, the spring commpresses to a point where I'm sure the needle isn't bottoming out. How do I know how many turns out am I spose to go ?
Thanks

Last edited:

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I'm not talking about the carb choke, I'm talking about the levr on the air cleaner housing, The metal side facing the carb There is a lever on the air cleaner housing. Also is the spring suppose to bottom out or the needle ? Your a dealer ? Jeez they let anybody have the keys to the car I guess.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
white lever is fuel shutoff and metal lever is choke.
Your manual is talking about the carb set screw with spring and this is on the side of carb,you turn it clockwise all the way in and then back it out 4 1/2 turns counterclockwise,this is for the idle.

They let anyone buy a engine these days.

Last edited:

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
WRONG ! My carb has a choke, its white up is on down is off there is also a lever on the air filter housing. The part where you screw on the plastic cover with the air filter. The metal part is what I'm talking about There is a lever there. Do you mean there is two chokes ? Sorry bout the snide remark

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I thought it was the choke, I couldn't figure why it kept shutting off while gradually , what I thought was, moving the lever down. I called I called kings where I bought it and it's a new motor they sell. Wacky setup. Now if I can just get the clutch to stop sqeeking when I let off the gas it doesn't sqweek when I pull the clutch in either. only when I back off the throttle Thanks I guess the answer is I have one choke and two fuel shut offs

Last edited:

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I thought it was the choke, I couldn't figure why it kept shutting off while gradually , what I thought was, moving the lever down. I called I called kings where I bought it and it's a new motor they sell. Wacky setup. Now if I can just get the clutch to stop sqeeking when I let off the gas it doesn't sqweek when I pull the clutch in either. only when I back off the throttle Thanks I guess the answer is I have one choke and two fuel shut offs
Did you put a small amount of grease on the small gear in the clutch box...alos on the other side where the accuator pin is, take it out, watch for the ball, and push grease in that area, and finally, where your clutch cable attaches under the carb, there is a nut and stud, if you take it off, put small amount of grease in it and close it up...i had one bike i could never get the squik out...also Jim at manic machanic sells precession bearings for the clutch...that could help...and that would be a good check point to see it all the bearings are there...Jim has a skimatic on his site...Dennis

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'm gone for a while and you boys start acting naughty to each other?! Lets play nice or I'll delete all of this post some of you need to apologize for being ornery and you know who you are.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Thank you!!! Fakeplay.
I haven't reread all of this so if there is other guys who need to do the same, apologize and lets get on with the fun of motorbicycling!!

I'm going to be busy doing dome things to the Harley so I'll be on and off here quite a bit I'm really wondering if the trip to Sturgis was worth it?!
Heck yea the Nitro bikes were! I love the smell of Nitro.
Getting a whole new fuel injection system though expensive is pretty cool how it will tune it's self as you ride of you own a fuel injected Harley check out the Thunder-max system closed loop with auto tune no need for a dyno to tune your bike you can do it yourself with a computer. You can also trouble shoot it as well and the guys at Thunder-max will help if you hit a snag send them an email of your bike's data and they can correct it then return you an email plug in the bike to the computer and watch and listen as your bike corrects its self. Is that neat?!!! Wouldn't it be nice for one of these MB's were able to do that!
High tech redneck stuff at its finest!
Norman