first build and a ride a to nowhere

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Just finished my first china build(occ stingray). 66cc duel start centrifiugal clutch. I did not and do not understand the term "duel start". When I pedel the bike and release the clutch the motor turns over. That did not seem right to me with a centrifiugal clutch but what the hay. Engine started easy and the idle adjusted well. Released the clutch handle and nothing, moter continued to run.
Reved the engine still nothing. The thrill of my first ride ka-putt! The pull starter died on me after three starts, the small plastic pawl sheared its pins. Removed the clutch cover the drum on the centrifigual clutch seems to be freewheeling. I assume that it should not do this and should be tied to the drive line somehow. I removed the bolt on the clutch. it exposed some larger threads on the clutch mounting. Are these used to pull the clutch by using a bolt on these larger threads?
I now realize that the pull start sheared because the clutch locked up and the plastic part couldnt take the load. Why does this setup have a clutch lever if it has a centrifiugal clutch?
What is the proper way to pull the clutch bodu so that I can see what is going on with the clutch drum?
Any ideas out there!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Russel
I haven't played with an engine set up like yours so I'm in the dark on it.
Maybe one of the guys that has a set up like yours can jump in and help you.
Norman