trouble shooting sunlight deluxe springer replicas

GoldenMotor.com

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
I just installed this sunlight Deluxe Springer Replica Fork and took it for a very brief test run. three miles. I slapped the fork on the bike with out really trying to work it over for bugs. Here is my questions. Do these have a natural shake to them because of the shake of the motor and the multipe joints from fork to secondary fork. I think they are basically just like the felt springers and monark II's. Any trouble shooting would help.

frontviewSpringerForks.jpg springerForks.jpg sideDetail.jpg secondsideDetail.jpg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wish I could help ya here , but I never owned any of those forks so I have no idea what is normal, I would think that there may be a very small amount of wiggle at the joints but not anything that could be consider sloppy type movement.

Map
.wee.

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
I appreciate the response Map, I think I am getting a little vibration at the joints but have been riding a lot and it the vibration is nothing compared to the job it does on rough roads. The shocks in the front and the spring seat I think are the best I could have done for road roughness. I have seen similar shocks that are made by felt and I think silver state cycles are making or at least working on some that look close as well.

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
So, I was still a little bothered by the vibration up front and realized that the two metal pieces at the bottom joining the front fork to the wheel and to the second rear part of the fork are loose. I tried tightening the joining pieces and could not. I guess the company that builds them used thread lock. I wanted to know what is the best way to remove the thread lock with out damaging the paint on the forks. I found that the bolts on the inside of the bottom brackets still had the sticky residue from the thread lock. I picked up more thread lock for the reassemble considering these things shake like a boozer with DT's so I have that covered. Any ideas?

I guess piston bikes sell these as Monark Springer Mega Forks

Attachments

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Alright, just a heads up who ever buys these. They are great (after you put in four 7/16" fiber washers and re-thread-lock the bolts on the bottom braces)!

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
i meant to say how wide are the forks
I measured the area available for a tire and it looks like around 3 1/2" wide, 4" wide at the hub. One thing that I really did not think about when first installing is loosening up the spring area to give it as much movement as possible. They were tight when delivered and not a whole lot of difference, so after giving more play it has a much better ride. I highly recommend doing the fiber washers or any washers to fill the gap in the front action at the hub area. I love the forks though and think they may be one of the best options out there for a decent ride. They look tight as well. I think they are available for a 1 1/8" threadless and a 1" threaded.

Last edited: