New Chopper Build advice needed.

GoldenMotor.com

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Your bike is worth the building effort in my opinion. I offer zero advice on a four stroke motor. I used the 80cc two stroke for my chopper. And for this Bike Berry offers a great motor mount and long exhaust pipe. Pirate Cycles provided a rear sprocket adapter. All worth the price. After nearly one year of riding their is next to no vibration in the ride and as for the pedals? I reversed one side, making them parallel to each other and the bolting them in place to become highway pegs. Starting up is done by way of a pull start.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Saetta, I'm about to check this motor mount you speak of from Bike Berry. I plan on getting the Hub Adaptor from Pirate Cycles, because I can't stand the standard clam shell clamp crap. Lol. Plus, I'm really trying to keep this bike mint, so driving the sprocket off of the spokes of my 4.25" tire isn't in my rule book. Lol. The Hub Adapter is a necessity. I will be officially going with a two stroke, no more 4 stroke in my head. I found a completely chrome engine, and tank, which makes me happy. Lol. I haven't bought it yet, and I can't remember which company has it, but when the time comes to order it, I will do the search again. I figure a chrome engine and tank will go nicely with the huge chrome rear fender, and the bars. I will also be ordering parts from Bicycledesigner.com, including 34" forks, with disk brake. ;) My forks now are 28". I also will be getting a vinyl put over my seat, making it black with my company symbol in the middle of the seat in red. (Tribal Dragon) Here are some pics of what I plan to put on this bike...

Attachments

OR_Chopper

Jun 2, 2010
Salem, OR
honestly drilling thru the frame isn't as bad as you think, the frame will actually be as strong as or stronger with the clamp. Not only do you fill the empty space that was drilled, you fill it with a circular piece strong enough to handle the force (provided you have mechanical / industrial bolts) and the clamp itself will strengthen the area around the drilled holes. so you can drill it without any real worries.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Your bike is worth the building effort in my opinion. I offer zero advice on a four stroke motor. I used the 80cc two stroke for my chopper. And for this Bike Berry offers a great motor mount and long exhaust pipe. Pirate Cycles provided a rear sprocket adapter. All worth the price. After nearly one year of riding their is next to no vibration in the ride and as for the pedals? I reversed one side, making them parallel to each other and the bolting them in place to become highway pegs. Starting up is done by way of a pull start.

Can you give me a link for the rear sprocket adapter.. thanks

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Cool Frame! That shot of you sitting on it really puts it into perspective though. Those things are small. Look closely and you'lll see that azbills engine mount clamps onto the frame. The only holes you need to drill are in the plate.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Sprocket Adapter and Sprocket for OCC Hub
:)

Thanks for the link im trying to get the chain to work on my bike but i cant! its so frustrating! i just don't know what to do any more no matter what i do to the chain or engine alignment or anything it doesn't work.:-||laffzpt:-||

Last edited by a moderator:

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I know its an old thread but I'd like to know how it turned out. I'm in Brampton just on the other side of tdot.. I found one of these bikes for 60$
Did you get the bike running?

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
I bought an OCC off Craig's List many months ago with the intent of making a trike out of it for a friend. That didn't work out well and the frame just hung on my shop wall until last month. I'm a 4 stroke fan and searched high and low for one to fit the OCC and had no luck. So, I ended up trying out a 2 stroke. It runs liked a raped ape! Go to the albums section under "from Barry's shop".