24" stretch lowrider+ arrow street engine=???

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I am thinking this bike and motor combo would work out best for the way I want to ride. I am wondering what parts I need for this kit as I am completely new to the 2 stroke scene.

Also,does anyone know what size the headset and stem needed,1" or 1 1/8"? I have a set of 26" 1" forks(solid) and 1 1/8" threadless suspension forks so I'm good either way.

Here's some pics with a 66cc skyhawk mounted and the dimensions of the frame. And a side view just cuz.

Also I'm thinking a 24" disc wheel/1.95 tire up front and a 20" disc wheel in the rear with a moped tire.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The 3rd pic has the dimensions you need. it takes a fork with a 1 1/4" diameter steerer. That size steerer is usually found only on downhill/freeride mountain bike forks.
I would contact the seller of that frame and confirm what size fork is required before ordering anything. Other than that, it is a great looking frame.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Thanks for the heads up. I will measure some headtubes with cups to see what's going on. I assumed from the pics of the motorized bike it took 1" forks. Unless monarks cone in different sizes? They are WAY out of my price range for forks so I didn't really look at description. Sounds like adaptor/shim time!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can find springer and Monark style forks with 1 1/8" steerers on line. I don't know if anyone makes a headset that will adapt a 1 1/8" fork to a 1 1/4" head tube.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I will contact the seller of the motorized one,just did and he was gushing to sell me one and said a 1" threaded would fit.

Now time for companies selling the frame only.

On toplowrider it says the head tube has a 32.5mm I.d. without the bearing cups. Once the cups are in it should be for a 1".

I really hope I'm right. And thanks for the response,but how much are those forks? Thinking about just switching to a regular 26" cruiser with 20"x 3"or 24"x 1.95" wheels/tires on it.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Here's a link to dimensions for a 20 inch lowrider frame. Its from BicycleDesigner as well as the stretch dimensions.

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/specs/lowrider_frame_specs.jpg

1 inch is what it takes I'm almost positive. When I buy one I will post my results as now I have AnOtHeR project! Here's some measurements from one of the sellers of the stretch frame.

Head tube 110mm. ID 32.5mm.
You need: 22.2mm stem, 22.2x 32.5 x 27mm headset, 25.4mm seat post, 5/16 x 9 x 24t bottom bracket set

It says 1 1/4" I.D. because that's the headtube I.D. The fork tube doesn't go up against the headtube,like say the seatpost does.

Hopefully that answers all my future questions as well.