possible spark plug problem?

GoldenMotor.com

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Hi,
I Just made my first kit the other day, and this morning had it running! :D however, the throttle didnt work so i had to controll the speed with the choke. Then the chain came off and got wedged between the spokes and the sprocket, so after taking apart the chain and putting it back on i went and tried again.... but nothing D: No putt putt or anything. I was told by a friend to check the spark plug, but when i took the rubber wire off the top there was a small gold cap on the end with a small pin sort of thing on top which i believe snapped off of the inside of the plastic tube thing that goes on top of the spark plug. I cleaned the spark plug, and tried putting the tube thing back on it anyway and when trying to start it, once again nothing happened. So my question is, should i get a new spark plug and CDI thing, or is there perhaps another reason why its not working? :-||

Thanks.

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
those boots and wires are crap, i recommend getting a new boot and wire or use one off of a car or something. u can unscrew the wire where it connects to the cdi, there might be some glue holding, just break it loose. cut a new wire to the proper length and screw it back in.

Picture007.jpg theres a screw barb that the wire threads on to.

bikeparts011.jpg

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Hi, i will try that , but first ill need to buy the stuff to do so and i live in a rural area so it will take a while to arrive, do you know of any quick fixes that would last me till the new boot arrives? I have tried tinfoil as mentioned in another thread but it still didnt seem to spark. Thanks.

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
i think u can unscrew the boot from the wire or it might just pull off try to do what ever u can to get a connection to the plug. someone else should chime in soon with some better insight.

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Hi, i took off the boot and used electrical tape to directly connect the copper wires to the spark plug but still nothing... perhaps it wasnt the sprak plug causing the problem after all? Thanks.

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Turns out i had my clutch lever too tight when it should have been fully out/loose. I loosened the cable and it now starts first time everytime. Thanks for all your help.
This thread can now be closed.