wonderfull creations lighting system

GoldenMotor.com

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
I've used them on 2 of my builds with dual 1.3ah 6v batteries wired in parallel. One does fine the other seems to pop the inline fuse on a regular basis. But that may be the fault of the crappy stator/generators that these HT engines have in them.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
got one of the w.c. 6v magneto chargers hooked up to white wire for juice and 6v battery to power headlight and tail light. works great. although ive only been able to test for 1/2 mile befor i broke down due to other issues and had to push bike home. looking into upgrading system to 12v later on down the road.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
justed hooked up and tested the 6v generator of wonderful creations,installed on sgt.scruffy huffy, z80 2 cycle,works great only drawback is im running lights straight from gen.and lights dim or brighten depending on rpm,plan on installing charger and battery.run the charger off white wire and battery on cranbrook bike no such dimming prob.highly recomend the generator and charger with battery,will plan on using 12v system on occ bike.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi guys, can anyone who has fitted one of these lighting coils tell me, is there any kind of iron or ferrite core in the coil or is it simply a coil of enamelled winding wire. I have wound coils for various things before so might have a go at winding one cheers

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have never had one, but I can tell you by seeing photos of them that they have a laminated steel core. All similar devices do as they are very efficient at transferring the magnetic lines of force into the wire coil.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Thanks Gearnut, i thought they would. Its actually iron used in cores for transformers etc. I'll see if can find an I laminate from an old tranny or I'll use some 77 grade ferrite out of a flyback transformer & have a go at winding one. Cheers