San Diego's 10th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm officially dropping out... Monday's my birthday & there's gonna be partys for me on both Friday & Saturday night; so I can't see myself loading up the bikes at 5am (with a hang over)for a 3 hour drive to ride MBs for 70 miles & then drive back home to party more! :(

Sorry fellas... We're just gonna do a little LA beach ride instead. :)

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Gentleman,

I say that loosely. Enjoy your ride this Saturday I hope the weather works in your favor. I sold my bike to Hawaii 87's bro so it will be some time before I get to ride with all you again. I loved my little 2-stroke going into the conversation earlier. She was always fairly reliable when crusing however, when ever I rode her hard (group rides) I would always bust engine studs. I believe this happened for a couple of reasons; 1. vibrations, 2. the foot print where the engine meets the frame is to small allowing the engine to flex and break studs. I have an old American made Raliegh cruiser that I will build with a 4-stroke. As with my other bike I will build her with style, so it may be sometime until I ride again. But I will be back and better then ever!

BadBooh .shft.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the vids Scotto-
You're a never ending source of amazement!

I wonder how they'd look with the new 3D glasses!

Last edited:

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
I enjoyed watching the video of the San Diego ride, but the ending seemed unclear. What happened to your bike ? How far from home were you? Did you have pedal power? How many riders went? What kind of bikes and engines? How far was the original destination? Did anyone else have breakdowns? Was there an after ride get together/party? Do you have an words of wisdom? So many questions, so, maybe you could give a quick run down of the ride. Looks like at least the weather was good.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I don't know when the next one is. I had my bikes stolen from me and now I have no ride. I'm not going to use the bike I'm borrowing to go on in case it breaks down. I'm riding it only as needed till I recover mine, tax time, or someone donates a bike (lol).

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Scotto had a bit of an opps with his monster. The clutch would not disengage. So he had to end early. Tony rode back with him me and my brother continued on and made it to Leucadia.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
I enjoyed watching the video of the San Diego ride, but the ending seemed unclear. What happened to your bike ? How far from home were you? Did you have pedal power? How many riders went? What kind of bikes and engines? How far was the original destination? Did anyone else have breakdowns? Was there an after ride get together/party? Do you have an words of wisdom? So many questions, so, maybe you could give a quick run down of the ride. Looks like at least the weather was good.
We were about oh 5 miles from Scotto's neck of the woods I dont know if he had to pedal. Kinda hard I would think with the clutch engaged There was about 7 of us. Three departed before we got to La Jolla The orginal destination was Oceanside which was about 35 miles away. Me and my brother both got flats. No after ride get together this time. Words of wisdom????

!!!ALWAYS PERFORM PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE!!!

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Hawaii 87...I was wondering why he kept riding in circles towards the end of the video's. Since I'm a newbie, I'm a little concerned about the dependability of the 2 stroke bike kit. I've always been a "be prepared to fix it " kind of guy, but I hope to be able to take my ride on 200 mi. trips without taking a spare bike and engine along in order to finish the journey. "Always perform preventative maintenance" takes on a new meaning, but I can only forsee a certain amount of trouble. Thanks for your reply to my questions. Previous comments in this thread had a little 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke trash talk, and I wonder who came out better... hmmm.