Identify this bike

GoldenMotor.com

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
I know it's a Roadmaster of some sort. No idea what model though. The seat is an aftermarket Schwinn. Definitely couldn't ride it with the plastic piece of ass-floss Roadmaster called a seat.

Also anybody know if it's possible to convert one of these things to single speed? I hate multiple speed bikes, but I got it for free.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I have that bike its a roadmaster sx sport from walmart, i used that bike for a first build i bought it for $20 used like new from a friend,hard to mount a engine to it but i did, but i bought a single speed schwinn delmar cruiser and put my engine on that. i didnt like the coaster brake wheel cause the internal parts wore out and made horrible noises so i took the multi-speed freewheel back wheel off the roadmaster and put it on my delmar, i also borrowed the front fork with suspension and caliper brakes from the roadmaster to my delmar.

Yes even thou the roadmaster back wheel has multiple gears i put the chain on one gear on the wheel and i put the chain on the peddal gear that lined up with the back one.
you would also get rid of the gear changer and shifters,you will need a chain breaker and master link.

pic 1 is my first build
pic 2 is second build

Attachments

Last edited: