Engine stop will not restart

GoldenMotor.com

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
Back to square one, I reconnected the new CDI checked all the wiring. Still no spark to spark plug. Checked the leads coming off the Mag Coil and I am not getting any voltage off of the Blue wire. But the white wire I get 6+/- volts. Does anyone know how much voltage is suppose to be on the blue wire.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
The blue wire should have 6v too but remember this is a magneto so it's putting out AC not DC. Connect your DVM to the blue and black, set the scale to AC, spin the engine over and your should get 6v.

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
I am not getting any voltage off of blue wire. I took the mag coil out to inspect it closer it looks like the tape around the windings have a burn spot below the blue lead connector. Can not really tell if it is burnt. I do get a ohm reading from the blue to the white but, if the wire is burnt it could be fused together and show a reading.

The blue wire should have 6v too but remember this is a magneto so it's putting out AC not DC. Connect your DVM to the blue and black, set the scale to AC, spin the engine over and your should get 6v.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I don't think so, the white wire doesn't have as much power as the blue does so you won't get much of a spark.

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
I will have to wait till Monday and talk to BikeBerry to see what else we can do to fix this problem.
Hopefully it may just be replacing the mag coil will get it going again.

I don't think so, the white wire doesn't have as much power as the blue does so you won't get much of a spark.

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
Mine is in the mail returning to BikeBerry (under warranty) So I hope it will be a quick turnaround. I sent my coil back on Tuesday last week and they return a new one by Saturday. This is three weeks now I miss my ride.
If you have to order a new mag coil look around some dealers are selling them as low as 8 dollars but some are selling them as high as 30. But then there shipping charges is what is high, so before ordering check the shipping charges. The 8 dollar one after shipping charges added could be as high as three times the price of the product.