noob help

GoldenMotor.com

Dylanpieper

Jul 21, 2009
Iowa
If some can give me a DETAIL instructions on hooking the throttle and the clutch it would be awesome...the instructions shud be noobish cause i don't know anything about mechanics ive tried hooking both up but my throttle does not retract and my clutch just tighten my clutch bar i have some picture how my clutch is hooked up i know i have the throttle and jet needle on the right thing i just don't get how it will go back to idle. i have not tryed to started the engine yet.

Please help. I need exact instructions to help me and get my dream running ;)

dance1

Dylanpieper

Jul 21, 2009
Iowa
Thats whole clutch this i don't see what the gears have to do with pulling the lever back.
And for the throttle i have everything right im just not getting retraction when all hooked up it only snaps back like barley and stops.

Grrr...

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
Hey dude, something I did when I first hooked up my clutch cable was not run the cable through the guide that is on top of the engine. Its behind the cyclinder and looks like a bolt that goes into the engine with another bolt with a hole in it running perpendicularly through it. The cable must pass through that bolt first and then through the clutch arm. Get someone to pull the clutch arm in a bit while you tighten up the little brass thing that stops the cable from pulling back also. Not sure if that is the problem you are experiencing but I know its a problem I had due to my noobness and the set of very poor instructions that came with my kit.

Did your throttle come already attached to the carb? If not make sure when you fitted the cable that the washer that sits on the little clip on the needle inside the carb hasnt flipped up right causing it to jam. Also make sure the groove on the barrel/slide/cylinder inside the carb is lined up with the little brass knob inside the carb.

Hope this helps

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Turn the throttle slide around.

Post a photo of how your clutch is hooked up, and an explanation of what not working.

eisle89

Jun 16, 2008
El Paso, Texas
Thats whole clutch this i don't see what the gears have to do with pulling the lever back.
And for the throttle i have everything right im just not getting retraction when all hooked up it only snaps back like barley and stops.

Grrr...
Did you line up the groove of the slide with the little pin ??