SE Draft Frankenstein Motorized Track Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Animatronicus

Dec 13, 2014
Fresno

So so far so good! I have had at least ten tanks of gas though her now. I just tore it down and rebuilt it, and changed a couple things here and there, like the chaintensioner configuration, and I painted the motor black with VHT high temp engine paint. I masked off any mechanical or chrome parts first, and took my time spraying it. I remounted my motor so I have more room by the carb. I have been making a habit of checking my hardware on everything. It seems like one little thing on this could cause me to get stranded.

I have been thinking lately that I would like to weld the suspension from a mountain bike on to a cruiser frame front triangle, and move everything over. I have been also thinking of using a jackshaft kit and a five speed hub. Dreaming as usual. We will see where I am at in 2016.

I am currently using this to commute back and fourth from home to my art studio where I do my work. I can get home in 10 minutes without breaking a sweat vs 25 pedaling and being drained. These things are too much fun!

dnut

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Nice ride Animatronicus. Glad you are enjoying your commute on your MB.

I remember when I would commute everyday. No matter how bad the day was I was always looking forward to the ride home.

Animatronicus

Dec 13, 2014
Fresno
Thanks Dave! These things are a blast.

Today when I was riding it was loosing power at the top end. I found my exhaust pipe loose halfway through my ride and tightened it up, but it was still behaving badly. I am guessing its time for a new exhaust gasket. Is there anything else I should check?