what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

My 8mm chain breaker arrived, so I replaced my power chain and went for a ride. I passed a half-dozen riders on "fixie" bikes on the highway. That'll give them something to talk about.dance1

Today, I'll ride to my apartment in town, a 16-mile round trip.

It must be about three weeks since I filled my tank with 87 octane. That suits my 2.8 hp Tanaka 47R engine just fine.xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Sometimes when I'm at work, I'm plotting my next "design change".dance1

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA

i replaced it! lol

if you are thinking about getting a skyhawk try and get one made before 9-10-2010.
the new one i got had all kinds of problems with the head.(M6 head bolts) and my clutch is trashed with under 50 miles on it..

just got a half link so i can finish it up and ride!:)

ADAS1223

Jul 18, 2008
CT, USA

What i did to mine? hmmm.. I looked at mine after 2 years of storage LOL:( ..My imagination was sparked again though LOL.. I plan on making more solid mounting points instead of using a coupler to tie it on the frame hahaha! :-| ..and some paint+tuning needed..

Motorized bmx motor kit bike will be back and running again!

Im also looking into this bike in the future :)

50mph! and al it needs is a windscreen :)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

What i did to mine? hmmm.. I looked at mine after 2 years of storage LOL:( ..My imagination was sparked again though LOL.. I plan on making more solid mounting points instead of using a coupler to tie it on the frame hahaha! :-| ..and some paint+tuning needed..

Motorized bmx motor kit bike will be back and running again!

Im also looking into this bike in the future :)

50mph! and al it needs is a windscreen :)
very much like the idea of that electric bike. 50mph is amazingly fast on a bike like that...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Shorted chain and shored up engine mount. The HF loves warm weather. Sweet rides. She hummed along

That was a cool read Adas. I honestly think the future is Ebikes and Ecars. The battery is the thing and some amazing advances are being made. Just my thunking but believe for now it will be some sort of hybrid. The big question being the portability of energy and storage. Dunno, some really great stuff is being worked on.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got my motor from daemon bikes.

have to say, i'm very, very impressed with the quality of the motor, and everything else that came with it.

just got it mounted on the bike (need to finish the wiring, and throttle) but overall it's a very well done motor, not only did all the case bolts get replaced with quality ones, but i could also tell that they did open the motor up because the clutch wasn't locked in place by dried grease like my grubee one was.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got her out and running! ^-^

took a bit to get her to wake up (figured with a new engine) decided to run the new muffler (no cat in this one, it just baffles me.....snork) but i can very much tell, it can't breath like the previous muffler did.

aka
old muffler, the one with cat, and an energy drink baffle.
versus
catless, baffled muff.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

I got my bike tuned perfectly today by tuning the stock exhaust for now drilling out the pipe to open it up enough to let it breath better while still haveing back pressure.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

I have finally have my bike running supreme if i am doing 28to30 it wont bog down like it used to on the same hill. Dnt ever really ride that fast ever except when tuneing and testin mods. Gonna put on the sproket adapter that i got from sportscarpat cnt wait. I cnt tell if the bike is running to lean cause i'm running opti-2 the plug is dry no matter wat but doesnt look grey or or burning to hot that i kno of.

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon

I have finally have my bike running supreme if i am doing 28to30 it wont bog down like it used to on the same hill. Dnt ever really ride that fast ever except when tuneing and testin mods. Gonna put on the sproket adapter that i got from sportscarpat cnt wait. I cnt tell if the bike is running to lean cause i'm running opti-2 the plug is dry no matter wat but doesnt look grey or or burning to hot that i kno of.

sounds like your bike broke in. i recomend you either cutt out some of your inerts of your eXhaust pipe cause it may be running to hot. and you will eventually damage your top end. its better to run it rich on oil and foul out flugs then it is to replace pistons. lol

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

sounds like your bike broke in. i recomend you either cutt out some of your inerts of your eXhaust pipe cause it may be running to hot. and you will eventually damage your top end. its better to run it rich on oil and foul out flugs then it is to replace pistons. lol
Ya i did that yesterday thats how i got it to run a lot better by cutting and drilling enough to get it to run good without sacrificing the back pressure. I am running a 66 jet and the needle is 2nd slot from the top if i go to the 68 it for strokes the whole time and at wot from 24 to 30 then smooths out. i have over 500 miles on the bike already would it still be breaking in.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power:). imma see how the next week or so goes for me

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power:). imma see how the next week or so goes for me
how expensive is gas there?

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon

put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power:). imma see how the next week or so goes for me[/QUOT

my motorbike is my primary source of transportation. i ride mine everywhere. still running the same piston and jug that the motor came with 1000 miles ago or so. my speedo meter wont keep track so rough guess. been riding it for about 3 or 4 months. so im sure i got that many on it by now.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power:). imma see how the next week or so goes for me[/QUOT

my motorbike is my primary source of transportation. i ride mine everywhere. still running the same piston and jug that the motor came with 1000 miles ago or so. my speedo meter wont keep track so rough guess. been riding it for about 3 or 4 months. so im sure i got that many on it by now.
me too brother. had the main motor part for like 6 months on the 3rd bike. still on the same piston too lol. how many miles i dont know. i average a gallon 5 days to a week