Thread for alternative engines

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There is a handy thing to know here, I don't know about local regulations in other countries. If an item for repair/service/cleaning/whatever has not been collected within 3 months of being made available, it can be sold for no more than the cost of the service provided. I know a place that has a load of stuff uncollected, and I think, if the engine for the big bike project isn't any good, I'll drop in and see what they have lying about.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bought a horizontally opposed twin motor a couple of years ago, It turned out to be a 2 x 139cc engine off a 12hp air cooled Whizzer outboard motor.

Talked to friends here in Fl, was told they were a common motor here. The motor use`s many of the Available Whizzer parts. Have been thinking of listing it on Ebay. Have many front and rear Whizzer wheels that I plan on using with the belt drive.

Roncvlt1
Could you post a pic of the 12HP engine?

Thanks
Jim E

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Just in passing, the PA50 Honda. Made from proper metal to real engineering standards.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Russell

Should have pics to resize in the external Trigg HD. Am a bit layed-up, will get to it asap.
We corresponded a few years ago ??? Thinkin I had questions about how you did your build??

Will take new pics if necessary,
Ron

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
A stand alone unit, and you can even pivot mount it tensioned against a spring like a Mobylette to take advantave of the vario belt drive. I think they're overloked in favour of more "sporting" types, but they have a lot going for them.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Had 2 sold a PA50 last summer at swap meet. Still have one that has a 50 in it but the engine stand upright. CVT trans. should be a good power plant. It should save a lot of work when i go to build a bike with it..............Curt

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This is quite interesting, a French company making copies/substitutes for Mobylette engines.

http://www.lamobylette.net/moteur/m...eav7av88av894050etccylindreairsal-p-2094.html

Translated via Google:

"ENGINE COMPATIBLE mopeds MOTOBECANE AV7. AV88. AV89. 40. 50 etc. AIRSAL cylinder [MOT002586] € 186.04
ENGINE COMPATIBLE mopeds MOTOBECANE AV7. AV88. AV89. 40. 50 etc. Cylinder AIRSAL
Click to enlarge
ENGINE COMPATIBLE Motobecane mopeds SOLD WITHOUT DRIVE IGNITION NI NI CARB.

ENGINE INCLUDES:

- 1 CARTER NEW ENGINE WITH BEARINGS AND SEALS NEW SPY

- 1 CRANK NEW MADE IN FRANCE

- 1 CYLINDER PISTON BRAND AIRSAL (AV 7 2 TRANSFER CYLINDER WITH FIXING THE PIPE ON ADMISSION WITH 2 CYLINDER VIS)
fat transfer modeling improves cylinder fins standard or square (make selection below).
2 studs fixing the pipe.

- 1 NEW HEAD (POSSIBILITY TO HAVE A PLACE IN THE HEAD PHOTO, ONE HEAD NEW MODEL WITH FIXING THE AXIS ALIGNMENT WITH THE ENGINE GASKET HEAD AT THE SAME PRICE SPECIFY WHEN PAYMENT..).

- SEALS NEW ENGINE (HEAD, EMBASE, CARTER, SPI)

Please select the available options and the desired amount for this product:
Shape of the cylinder: "

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Given it's designed to take Mobylette parts, it's probably just the engine unit the French want, as the electrics are a, simple and reliable, b, easily replaced by a range of suppliers. It may well be the thing is designed as a base unit for their moped racing.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have always been fascinated with WW1 fighters. And like Snoopy, wanted to fly my Sopwith camel against Baron Von Richthofen.

The radial engines would look so cool as an in-frame mounted engine and be perfect for a cent. clutch. Just found one at wallyworld. $3K +, lol

The flywheel effect would actually be an advantage.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Cyl-260cc-4-Stroke-Gas-Radial-Engine/40523122

Wally world has some really cool engines but crazy expensive; http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=gas engine&page=2&cat_id=0&method=related

.fly

.cptr.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
!!!!!! How cool would that be!!!! LOL

Dangit Lud! Now I wanna do one.
(Not bad enough to blow $3K USD/4K euros:confused: on a "just for a goof" mower. Except I really do, snork)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
!!!!!! How cool would that be!!!! LOL

Dangit Lud! Now I wanna do one.
(Not bad enough to blow $3K USD/4K euros:confused: on a "just for a goof" mower. Except I really do, snork)