vintage firebikes board trackers..

GoldenMotor.com

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Beautifful bikes- really wonderful works of art...but upside just standard bars upside down? The board trackers have bars that went down with one bend in a flat plane, not down and back which is what standard bars upside down do.

Attachments

firebikes

May 1, 2009
canada
Beautifful bikes- really wonderful works of art...but upside just standard bars upside down? The board trackers have bars that went down with one bend in a flat plane, not down and back which is what standard bars upside down do.
yes i know, im not new to these bikes..ive been doing this since 1998 .buy the new book Cruisers by johnny Fuego..available at chapters. . i build my one off bikes as i want em, no two are the same... thats how it is...does this make you happy. whizzer powered entered in 2007 at western canadian championships 2nd place against high end builds.. Mondo and i....

Mondo likes what i do

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Hey, I'm sorry it came across as a criticism- not really what I meant. I really appreciate your work. It is spectacular.

Quite frankly, I wish some company would come out with chrome handlebars like I described, but I have never seen them. The market would be small, but it sure would be nice.

Last edited:

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I agree that the retro-vintage-replica market could expand if some of the most
difficult to DIY build were to be be manufactured for retail sources. I've been
around the net asking about just this stuff for the past few months and hear
so many people telling me that that's over and done with in the 1980's.

Those people don't understand trend cycles with the public and the money
to be made via remarketing. So it was attempted in the 80's, lots of people
then probably wished replicas of earlier things like handlebars were available
and the trend faded, yet many a younger guy saw what was being attempted
and vowed to himself that when he was old enough, had the money and skills
that he would have one too. So that's 15 to 30 years or more later when
he finally can and when he sees another guy with one he's attempted to build
then the spark comes alive again.

I'd be willing to bet if some of our meets were to converge on state or county fairs
this summer the board trackers and vintage bikes (not to mention the sales of these
HT motors would come alive) We still don't know yet what the Dow Jones will be
by then or the pump prices of fuel will be. Right ?

Recently I mentioned that if someone would only make a copy of that Worksman
Newsboy and put a set of Monark springers on it, that most builders could buy one
and go from there. I've talket with Dax and Jim about what it would take to have
a HT motor with an old time looking cylinder & head (like the russian motor) and
side plates to appear as if from earlier times. Individual builders could make their own
small items they could create in their work shops.

I've even thought of starting a thread asking what those wanting to build vintage would
like to be able to buy. I'm sure some repro's of vintage handlebars and hand brakes etc would
be on the list. And even perhaps a thread for posting links to the stuff. (any enthusiasm for such a thread ?)

Last edited: