GoldenMotor.com

the13bats

May 3, 2012
Orlando

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, right off the bat I'll tell you it's a four stroke with what looks like a two stroke tuned pipe on it....

It also appears to be a nightmare in the making with a heavy side mounted bias, and it's about 200 dollars over priced!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I hate the import sellers on Fleabay who seem to offer little to no information on the item they are selling, perhaps they don't have any info,
Looks like a fake Honda engine and might be a good mount for what I'm doing but the lack of information and good pictures leaves me needing more,

Anyone have details on this one?
It's a Huasheng 50 cc 4 stroke which is more or less a clone of a
Honda GXH 50 cc.
That version of the Huasheng has a centrifugal clutch built into the
side of the engine.
There is another Huasheng 50 cc that has an approx 5/8" shaft like
the Honda GXH 50 cc.

the13bats

May 3, 2012
Orlando
Bikeguy...you feel this is overpriced by 200.00 where can I buy that engine and tranny for 100.00?
Just asking.
Don't know about the top heavy weight bias but this "looks" horrible to me...

Why I was looking at side mounts,

What I am up to is building a somewhat modern version of this

I have a 4 wheel recumbent style, something like a Rhoades car but in my eyes better looking,
I was going to use a swing rear from a mountain bike on the rear for my 5th wheel,
The side weight bias within reason will not be any issue in my case,

I might add the the day the motor wheel was also used on the rear side of a two wheelers making an odd trike

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Why in H E double hockey sticks would anyone even want to put a 2 stroke expansion chamber on a 4 stroke engine?

I will assume it is to make it look "cool" to the unknowing and jack the price way up.

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I have had nothing but good experience with BGF and LEB. They ship quickly and sell you what they advertised. Having said that, no way I would buy the set up shown. POS

Stay away.

the13bats

May 3, 2012
Orlando
Well I ask for details on this set up and didn't really get any but thanks for the replies,
I would never buy from some import company that can't even provide good pictures and good detailed information on what they sell,
If you want a real laugh go read the so called description of this sellers gearbox auction.
I also find many of their replies to bad feedback rather asinine.
I have learned many outfits like this are somewhat brokers they do not stock anything and just drop ship after an order. ( beside the point )
With all this trash talk still I do not have details on how this set up mounted or anything about it,
The fact they used a wanna be tuned pipe doesn't really surprise me, these import items are made cheap they just used an exhaust that happened to fit, want to critique an exhaust look at what Taz ran on their 2 strokes....

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
This set up is simple. There is a gear reduction box mounted on a bracket which is very similar to what they use for electric motors. It bolts with the axel running through it as well as u bolts for the two arms. From the reduction box a 10 or 11T gear runs to a sprocket on the rear wheel, just as it does on a top or frame mount. All in all still an ok design. The pipe is ridiculous. I would immediately replace it with the standard box style, for both weight and clearance issues. I would feel the weight to one side issue would be interesting, certainly closer to a top mount feel than a frame mount. But the cool thing is this would work well on a rear shock bike as it won't interfere with travel clearance(like a top mount) and most don't have room in the frame for a mount(also chain issues). As to wether or not the unit is strong enough to handle street bumps or off-roading, its anyones guess.