99cc Predator kits?

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Does any think that someone sooner or later will be offering Predators engines as kits... or at least with most of the parts to get it on a bike? brnot

Just a though since its becoming such a popular engine and its not to expensive for the power it offers. Not that i wouldn't mind fabricating my own parts and and getting the right parts on my own.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Not really due to the fact it's not legal on a bike in the vast majority of states. .duh.

I think there's only one state where it is legal to run one that size. The possible stack of tickets would put me off from one. :p

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
from what I understand,,,

just like earlier answer,,,99cc is bigger than most places legally allow
I know you can purchase everything but the engine as a kit already (EZM)

affordable go karts sell a nice tranny designed for them as well

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
from what I understand,,,

just like earlier answer,,,99cc is bigger than most places legally allow
I know you can purchase everything but the engine as a kit already (EZM)

affordable go karts sell a nice tranny designed for them as well
so are the 66cc china dolls but many still run them

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I personally dont believe these should ever be "offered" to the general public!
certainly not as a kit so that those with little to no technical/practical knowledge of what it takes to build one, and therefore even less understanding of the myriad safety issues which need be addressed to motorize a BICYCLE to this magnitude.
let them get an EZM, or a china girl, some time and experience under their belts, and make the progression naturally as most if not all of us have,,,
otherwise, a complete bike with options could be the only conscienable (sp?) choice.
this way to ENSURE a bike with adequate welding, structural support, proper wheels and tires....options would presumably have to include things like lights and turn signals for legality...etc. and so-forth...
as it stands, our rights and privileges are being ever-diminished. giving the man an excuse to further infringe upon our sport/hobby would only sooner spell its demise.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
i wouldnt recomend the 99cc ezm as a starter motorized bike get a nice HS to get you started then move into the predator world so you can learn the quirks of motorized bikes cause the predator comes with a whole new set of hurdles

even though alot of vendors sell the 66cc i think they will most likely sell a kit geared twoards the predator engine minus the engine of course

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I haven't looked at 2smoke kit ads in a while,,,
the 66 kits used to state 'for off-road use only'
I always thought that was to lessen liability on the vendors part

I also don't think you will see a kit including the predator for that same reason and the reasons stated above

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yeah I figuring that the power and displacement would could some issues along the lines of safety and legality.
It's just that I'm starting to get into 4 strokes and I was confused about proper reduction, properly mounting them on the bike to get the right alignment, and some of the different transmissions and which one is the best out their.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah I figuring that the power and displacement would could some issues along the lines of safety and legality.
It's just that I'm starting to get into 4 strokes and I was confused about proper reduction, properly mounting them on the bike to get the right alignment, and some of the different transmissions and which one is the best out their.
And again ocho, The predator engine is certified for all states EXCEPT California. THANKS C.A.R.B.
fatdaddy.
( What part of San Jose are ya in?)

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yeah I know but you can still get some trought eBay for a little more lol.

I'm in the east side of San Jose by tropicana...BTW I saw someone riding a blue felt cruiser with white lettering and powered by I think a china girl.
That didnt happened to be you?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah I know but you can still get some trought eBay for a little more lol.

I'm in the east side of San Jose by tropicana...BTW I saw someone riding a blue felt cruiser with white lettering and powered by I think a china girl.
That didnt happened to be you?
Wasn't me ocho. Right now I'm on a WallyWorld special (66cc H.T.) and a Tadpole trike (49cc goped 2 stroke.). I run a small Motorized business but haven't even cought a glimmer of a Felt around here. I wonder who's doing their work?
I know where the Tropicana is, I'm right on 11th & Keyes. I've been in San Jo for almost 20 years so I kinda know my way around. Maybe we can get a ride going sometime this summer. I know a few guy's, and gal's, and if you know a few guy's, we could tear up First street pretty good. Right now I'm healing from some cardiac stuff, but give me a couple weeks and I'll be up and riding again. Whatcha think?
fatdaddy.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea i only caught a glimpse of it and i thought i saw a similar one posted on here a while back. Either way it was a nice looking bike.

That sounds like a nice plan fatdaddy for the summer, we should definitely get a group ride going in San Jose. What kind of work do you do at your shop? Do you mind if i stop by one of these days to take a look?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
A summer ride it is then. I'll PM you my Ph.#. Don't need the whole world having my number.
I just turned my garage into a small shop, nothin to really see, but call me and I'll give you my address. I've done 50 or 60 builds out of it so far. Lately I've been doing mostly repair work. The economy still blows and no one has money for new toy's. So right now everyone is just trying to keep their old toy's alive.
fatdaddy. AKA Big Red.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Sounds good.
I did a little cruising today, saw some crazy S*** !

But I also met the guy that rider the felt cruiser bike, blue with white felt logo on the down tube, not sure what model is that.
And I also met a guy that ride a Wizzer.
He wanted to get a group ride going too, so it looks like were a group summer ride brnot

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm THERE. Anyone else want to tear up San Jose a little this summer, PM me or ocho. It might be nice to know roughly how many bikes to expect.
Of course, This will have to be a clean and sober ride, don't need no s**t from the law. So yer gonna hafta leave yer stash at home.
ocho and I will get together and figure out a route (or not). It could just turn into a FREE RIDE, we'll see. I'm sure there will be a stop or two at someplace to eat and refresh. Can you imagine 20 or 30 bikes lined up in front of some poor guy's store or coffee shop.
Anyway ocho, Mabe we should start a new thread. Call it SSSR,(San Jose Summer Ride) or something. This thread is about predator kits.
In the end, I don't care if it's only 3 or 4 bikes on the ride, IT'S A RIDE.
fatdaddy. AKA Big Red.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
you know, it should be the consumer/end user's choice of what he wants to buy and what he wants to use it for. as with ANY other product out there, if a consumer buys a product and either ..........this hobby is about having the choices to build what you want. let it be about that first.
The consumer CAN use a predator for what ever they want, as long as it's LEGAL. When it is not LEGAL to do so, the consumer is acting illegally, and that's a no-no.

To my knowledge, a 99cc moped is called a motorcycle, and is not LEGAL in most states, unless it's licensed as a motorcycle. That kind of defeats the whole motorized bicycle thing, don'tcha think?

I am guessing that's why there are no ready to run pedator kits available.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
.The man will get you in the end edmond! LOL! ;)

By your own admission, you will build another and another...the man will sell them at police auction to guys like me, and you will be paying the man on way or another. Caught driving with no license? Fines- more money to the man....just something to think about while you are railing against the unseen force.

Last edited: