Friction Kit Lg. Gas Tank?

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
A Honda GX35 engines fuel cell is smaller than the HF 52CC fuel cell that I ditched in favor of a 1 gallon gas can. 1 Large gas tank is what I'm looking for so I can pull in to the gas station, pour in my 4 oz. of oil, then use the gas nozzle to spray/mix the two, then I'm riding for another 100+ miles without having to monkey around with gassing up again.

The problem with the 1 gallon plastic gas can is that........................

I get too many people stopping me and asking me if I made my ride, because they see the red 1 gallon gas can.

I checked sTATON's site. It looks like the same thing sells for around $23.00, only this guy wants around $17.00 and you don't have the hassle or have to haggle for fair shipping costs.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I used this tank, which came with my first Staton friction drive kit w/1.6hp Subaru engine. I didn't like how it looked, but it served its purpose. The gas did leak from its rubber gasket one day and sloshed onto my butt.

I've used goped tanks with engines having no saddle tanks. I've also used Happy Time fuel tanks alone, and in series with the engine tanks.

I like the 4-liter HT tank the best. If you fill at the pump, be sure not to put the oil in first and pump slowly. The oil will not mix properly. When you open the petcock you'll have a VERY heavy oil/fuel mix feeding into the carb and stalling the engine. After you flip the bik upside-down to clear the carb, you'll end up with a smoky engine, then a VERY lean fuel mixture. Of course, there'd be no way to calculate your actual mix left in the tank, so you'd have to discard it and mix a fresh batch.

Ask me how I know all this.:-||