Where's all the Grubee's?

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Does anyone have any "insider" info with Don Grubee or Grubee products? whats going on? I cant find any news or for that matter any 2013/2014 (2015)? engine kits in either 4 stroke or 2 stroke.

Seems like a few shops only have a few older Grubee's left and they are drying up real quick. Looks like Jet,Flying Horse,and Raw engines are everywhere now but nothing new or even a peep out of the Grubee camp.

Now im seeing things like this pop up "GT5 Pro Racing" 66cc/80cc http://www.gasbike.net/product_51_detailed.htm But with gasbike's reputation that could be a trap thinking your getting a Skyhawk GT-5 but in reality its just a knock off they are calling "GT-5".

Anyways,does anyone know whats going on with Grubee?

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i know srsly WTF !!!!!

the only good grubees are the gt5 motors with the long intake and cns v3 carb, they have the best cranks and parts of almost any other motor i have seen IE larger bore steel intakes and a larger carb, lighter piston and rod assembly, better castings, and smooth as butter case bearings with great seals !!!

i cant find those kits anymore ether and if you want a grubbe gt5 like that it looks like you will have to bild one from sourced parts from

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/ga..._piston_kit_49cc_parts_for_motorized_bicycles

they have the 38mm crank and the 115mm/85mm rod and high pin piston setup if you want to build one yourself though

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Straight up honest answer : grubee refuses to export engines labeled as parts. All the dealers don't buy from him right now because they can get flying horse engines without paying half a million more dollars for COC stickers . Truth is, grubee is just a distributer not a factory. Some of his engines roll out of the same factories people like boygofast buy from. From what I see gas bike.net is now working around grubee all together, which I do not disagree with.

There's your answer.
-Zane Smith

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Straight up honest answer : grubee refuses to export engines labeled as parts. All the dealers don't buy from him right now because they can get flying horse engines without paying half a million more dollars for COC stickers . Truth is, grubee is just a distributer not a factory. Some of his engines roll out of the same factories people like boygofast buy from. From what I see gas bike.net is now working around grubee all together, which I do not disagree with.

There's your answer.
-Zane Smith
Thanks for the info. I thought for the most part Grubee branded engines had a couple different features tho like the longer piston and no other 2 cycle engine had that? I dont know maybe im wrong?