china girl motorized bicyle reliability... so far pretty good.. weed eaters ????.

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
So, I've now got 8 bike builds under my belt and so far all of the engines have performed pretty well. My first two builds were kits from gasbike.net but then they went up in price, so the next 6 builds were kits from rose326a on ebay.

I have to say - these little engines seem to be damned reliable. maybe I've been lucky, or maybe the quality has gotten better over the years..dont know, but I'm pretty happy.

My latest build is a micargi puma stretch that I FINALLY just finished - after weeks and weeks of trial and error and about 5 different drivetrain configurationis, I finally got it. I've probably put 15 miles on it so far and it's running nicely. For this build I used a pull start system because several times pedal starting has destroyed the drivetrain setups, so I wanted to jack up the rear tire, start it, and test the system. This little engine starts right up on the second pulll....every time. and it's 38 degrees in NEW ORLEANS !!! This is the only place where you're sweating in shorts and a t-shirt one day and the next you're freezing your ass off.. plays **** on the wardrobe.

Now - my wife is pretty much fed up with 2 stroke weed eaters. I think we've probably bought at least 5 or 6 of them over the last few years and they are ALL a ***** to start !!! I can get them running after tweaking things and pulling many many times, but she cant. and she's fed up.

so why are these little china girls so easy to start and expensive weed eaters so damn hard to start ????

****, I might build a weed eater using a china girl motor !!!!!!!!!!!

vachon644

Nov 27, 2011
Quebec city, QC, Canada
Re: china girl reliability... so far pretty good.. weed eaters ????.

I rode my motor assisted bicycle in winter here in Canada alot and it always started even at -20C (-4F). When starting any engine that does not start right up, most of the time you have a fuel/choke problem; spray some gas in the intake and it will help you get it going most of the time.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

The reason the weedeaters are so hard to start except when brand new is due entirely to the EPA mandated state of tune they must run to allow them to be sold.
They are jetted as lean as possible for a cleaner exhaust. Take one of your old ones and stick a pre EPA carb from back in the 80's on it and you will be amazed. They start and run MUCH better.
Think I'm crazy?
Go about two sizes bigger on the jetting and see how they react.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Buy an Echo trimmer and your wife will be happy with it.

This is the absolute truth!! My Echo is 8 seasons old and still starts on the 1st or 2nd pull --- everytime!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

My EPA Auger engine was jetted lean from the factory, turning the jetting adjuster screws on the pumper carb made it run much better. They basically lean the crap out of the power equipment these days for lower carbon emissions at the expense of NOX emissions which are much more dangerous to human health...