yamaha bmx

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
That's screaming for a motor to be put on it.
Looks like it would be a tight fit though.
I'm a Yamaha guy and have never seen the bicycles.
It's a really cool find.
Best of luck on the restoration.
Here's a pic of my 76 Yamaha I need to restore this summer.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Please don't put an engine in that Yammie! Very cool bike you have there. Check out bmxsociety.com and vintagebmx.com
I don't know.....looks like it's just missing the tank, engine and about 12" of front and rear travel?!?

J/K.....it would actually be ashame to mame and motorize the ol' classic Yama-Moto!.wee.

Keep us posted on the restore please.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That's screaming for a motor to be put on it.
Looks like it would be a tight fit though.
I'm a Yamaha guy and have never seen the bicycles.
It's a really cool find.
Best of luck on the restoration.
Here's a pic of my 76 Yamaha I need to restore this summer.
I have always loved the RD's. Is yours a 350 or 400?
I used to have a 250. They are a bit different than their larger brethren.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
been doing some research on this bike, looks like it's worth some bucks. i got it for $100 and seems i made a killer deal at that price. i think i'll try and restore it to stock, no motor for this one. the forks and shocks still work good, but the seat and wheels are off of some other bike. will need to track down the stock parts. thanks for those links 26er.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've seen a motorized yamaha bmx'er somewhere, i think it was on this forum.

i used to have a kawasaki years ago. got it for 50 bucks from some old guy who's son used to race for them. it was a prototype with no serial number. it's an aluminum frame and i spent a week polishing it and restoring it.

one day, after scroungin' enough change out of the couch to buy smokes, i was riding it to the liquor store. some guy offered me $500 cash on the spot.

needless to say, i walked home.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got to see one of those when I was a kid. When one of the neighbor kids sold it[got older and taller] it was in mint condition then and he got good money for it too.

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
I had one of those in jr. High I wish I still had it. Alas it's long gone. Slap a motor on that puppy. ( I know it's worth more original) but it would be cool

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A little help from you Yamaha guys, if you please.
What did the bike look like that I got this tank from. I pulled the tank out of a motorcycle junk yard here in Denver but I didn't see the bike it came from. It was supposed to be an 80cc dirt bike. Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Your welcome sir!:) My 52 inch flat screen computer monitor has me a we bit spoiled from the easy chair when Googling these days.:D