Basic Pacific Capeland 'Stealth'

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This turned out pretty good for a basic build I think.

48cc 2010 Skyhawk motor but I couldn't get the new CNS carb to run so I put an NT Speed carb on it.
The chrome pipe I think kind of made it with the chrome fenders, and of course as usual no drive side tensioner, BMX foam grips, dual brakes, painted pedal side tensioner and air filter cover, and my custom motor stickers, keylock and ignition wiring upgrades.

I am pretty settled in my new digs now too and left room for a 'photo wall'.
I need to work on the lighting but not a bad background don't ya think?

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks.

I couldn't get the chains to match up well enough.
a 19 tooth sprocket opposed to the stock 18 on the pedal side hub may have done it, improved the pedaling and coaster brake too, but having to buy a new NT carb set me back time wise and he wanted it.

Sometime you simply have to use a tensioner, but at least it's painted and not on the motor drive side ;-}

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
I see ,sounds like it was a time constraint thing more so than it was really needed? Personally i think your bike above is the first one I have ever seen with tensioner on the pedal side,but meh if it works no biggie.

Another thing,your key lock gadget you made and sell on your site was damn clever. good job on that idea.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Personally i think your bike above is the first one I have ever seen with tensioner on the pedal side, but heh if it works no biggie.

Another thing, your key lock gadget you made and sell on your site was damn clever. good job on that idea.
Thanks bud ;-}
I haven't used a drive side tensioner since my very first build 7 bikes ago, and upgraded it a couple months later.
With a pedal side gear derailer it's a moot point, it has one, and with a jackshaft it's just one chain.

Thanks for the Kudo's on the keylock too.
After making my 1st one with an old beige box PC Keyboard Lock switch and Radio Shack project box I developed that one.
I had to buy parts for 50 to get unit price down but worth every penny for my builds.

Speaking of my builds I got fancy on the display pic of this recent one for my new Craigs List ad.

With guys selling Wally World bikes with crap motors slapped together in a couple of hours you kind of need to show why you charge more and take longer with pics, and what better than an animated .gif?

When it comes to something as inherently dangerous as an MB to operate, there are some things that simply need to be done for my own piece of mind.