GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Hello to all. I swear I feel like Iam living in the eye of a hurricane,
Iam calm, but my life is surrounded by violence and turmoil. Iam
looking to build my first chinese 66/80cc 2-stroke with the help of.ride3
sic-parts on a cruiser bike. I want to learn the reactions of others
that have already has bicycle builds in this manner, both good and bad.
I want to learn the difficulty of getting it together, for to start this
project because I need to make extensive plans before beginning
anything. I do not plan to get tied up in small detials. I came to
this site to learn, before beginning and complete my motoredbike
project without getting sidetracked.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Charged,
welcome to the forum. In regards to your question, it is unfortunate but these machines are nothing but small details. They are extremely fun and rewarding. However, they do require much maintenance and this is where a lot of us get our reward but also some of our frustrations. Also, no two engines are alike due to the quality of the motors. You may have to change out some parts on your kit. No one really knows what they will need until they attach the motor to the bike. When ou do have a qustions, try evryone hear. At least one of us may be of help. You may want to start reading through some of the posts here:

2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits - Bicycle Motor at Motorized Bicycle Forum

As for the Sick Bike Parts, I do not have one installed on my build. However, I have read great reviews about them and the guys are very helpful with any concerns or questions.

Overall, the best plan for building a motorized bike is to be flexible.

Welcome to the fun, good luck, and be safe.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Welcome to the forum!

You've come to the right place for help for your build. I myself don't have it one of those kits but from all those that have posted regarding it, but it's in the works for my next build.

I believe you will find the vast amount of information, anything under the MB sun, on this site to help you do anything you may want or need! (^)

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Thanks ebmvegan for the sound advice. I think I will name the
bike Destruction, because the build will be romantic heartbreaking,
to intellectual brain-washing to physical pounding. Building the bike
will be acts of love that take place between good and evil. Hope to
have a picture posted when completed...........Thanks again

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
CHARGED, WELCOME, GET YOURSELF ACQUAINTED WITH THE FORUM AND THE DIFFERENT TOPICS. MANY DIFFERENT ENGINES AND MOUNTING SYSTEMS. ALL OF THEM HAVE THEIR GOOD POINTS. ALL ARE FUN. THE "CHINA GIRL"= CG, ALSO CALLED "HAPPY TIME" = HT ARE THE MOST POPULAR AND LOWEST PRICED. BUT THEY MAY REQUIRE MORE TINKERING. START BY REPLACING THE BOLTS, STUDS AND NUTS WITH QUAILTY FASTENERS AND JB WELD. I HAVE A SBP SHIFT KIT, IT IS OF QUAILTY PARTS AND REALLY ADDS TO THE MB. HAVE YOU WATCHED SBP VIDEO`S?? WE HAVE A 60 YR OLD MAN GO BY ALMOST EVERYDAY ON A CG W/COASTER BRAKE CRUISER BIKE. HAS BEEN DRIVING IT FOR NEAR 2 YRS WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS, HAS ALL ORIGINAL BOLTS ETC. HE IS A VERY SMALL FELLOW,
HORSE JOCKY SIZE.. I HEAR A STEEL BICYCLE FRAME IS BEST FOR THE HAPPY TIME MOTORS BECAUSE OF VIBRATION CAUSING CRACKING. THIS FORUM IS THE GREATEST THING FOR MB BUILDERS. STAY IN TOUCH, THANKS FOR JOINING. RON.boogy1a.blady.fly

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
This is what I see when living at the center of a cyclone.
There is $130.00 2-stroke engine kits and $250.00 2-
stroke engine kits and $350.00 engine kits. Are there truly
advantages over the $130.00 engine kit. Yes I seen SBP
video and now I am concerned over using a quick- release
axle on a motored bicyle. Reached a few stumbling blocks
before I can even order.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Charged, Boy Go Fast Was Selling Kits For 129 On Ebay, Free Sh. I Think That Is A Lot Of Stuff For The Money. Two Kits For 260!!! I Bought 10 Complete Bicycles Yesterday For 25 Dollars, Mostley Shifter Bikes, Some With Flats, Some W/skinny Tires. I`m Looking For A Girl Friend That Is Mechanicly Inclined, With Tools rotfl I THINK YOU CAN SWITH TO A SOLID REAR AXLE. GOOD LUCK, ENJOY YOUR BUILD. STAY IN TOUCH. RON .boogy1a .blady .bf.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Charged, yeah, it can be tough to decide which one is which, but generally all these engines are the same. I got mine from powerking, on EBay with a winning bid of $125. It's an 80cc and came with free shipping and haven't had any serious issues with it yet.

But really what you need to know is that it's not the price but the customer service that comes with it. Some of the folks, here on this site, that sell these engines have warrantees on them and are fairly priced. When it comes to breakdowns and warrantees, will Boygofast honor it? Maybe, but doubtfull.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
CHARGED, HIKER; I JUST GOT OFF EBAY, ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A PRICE WAR ON THE KITS. I AM NOT CONNECTED TO ANY DEALER OR SELLER. AS HIKER SAYS, ANY PRODUCT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE SERVICE!! RON .boogy1a

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Quality in motor production for the Chinese 2 strokes are more or less the same. Which is inconsistant. However, some do have greater customer service than others as I have been told. Read through some of the reviews and decide.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/find-dealer-review-1730.html

I got 2 from BoyGoFast and 1 from PowerKing, both on eBay. They have all been working great. I have ridden 1k, 300, and 100 miles respectively on these motors. So I haven't really need to talk to them.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Thanks, I found a site I liked....ZoomBicycle.com and registered with
it. The PK-L80 Model Limited Edition 80cc Bicycle Kit for $144.95 -
got ready to pay pal the money and realized this site is out of Canada.
Did not order because I know there must be a money exchange rate and
doesn't tell you the actual price untill you place your order, so I said
forget that one. Also found the CH80 and was really...really interested
this one for $350.00 but again another Canada site and didn't know
how much American dollars...so screw that site. Still so much turmoil
revolving around me and my engine choice from a site

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Thanks, I found a site I liked....ZoomBicycle.com and registered with
it. The PK-L80 Model Limited Edition 80cc Bicycle Kit for $144.95 -
got ready to pay pal the money and realized this site is out of Canada.
Did not order because I know there must be a money exchange rate and
doesn't tell you the actual price untill you place your order, so I said
forget that one. Also found the CH80 and was really...really interested
this one for $350.00 but again another Canada site and didn't know
how much American dollars...so screw that site. Still so much turmoil
revolving around me and my engine choice from a site
as of today at 0500 hrs, the exchange rate is $0.817 American to $1.00 Canadian. Your getting a break. Just double check shipping charges. Also your order may arrive in about a week depending where you are from. Canadian Imports have to go through customs. Don't let the "turmoil" turn into a storm. Manage it when it is at a drizzle.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
as of today at 0500 hrs, the exchange rate is $0.817 American to $1.00 Canadian. Your getting a break. Just double check shipping charges. Also your order may arrive in about a week depending where you are from. Canadian Imports have to go through customs. Don't let the "turmoil" turn into a storm. Manage it when it is at a drizzle.
Thanks ebmvegan.....Just to let you know that I decided on my engine kit and already order it. The CH80/70CC was my choice. I doubled check the shipping price was only$40.00. Your exchange rate was correct and you were so right on about saying, "manage it when it is at a drizzle". Now comes the hard part waiting. I still have alot to do about getting the SBP shift kit ordered and planning what I will need for that. I just don't think regular bicycle spokes will work with this power house though. So I guess I will have to read up on forums. You have been such a great help to me than you will ever know with your sound thinking. Thankyou again

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I just don't think regular bicycle spokes will work with this power house though. So I guess I will have to read up on forums.
Many of the folks that have installed the SBP jack shaft have left the sprocket mount on the spokes. However, I think most have "beefed up the gage on them. I bent up a set of spokes going that rout without the jack shaft, so I went with another alternatives. King's Sales has a great set up that could take a rear disk break hub with a Top Hat adaptor where you could mount the sprocket. Their link is on the left. I decided on the Clam Shell adaptor from Live Fast Motors. I have it installed on 3 bikes and will use it on a fourth. All the preasure is either on the hub, the Clam Shell adaptor, or the bolts, not on the spokes.

However, you will need to measure your hub as he has 2 sizes, 1.22" & 1.44" I machined(dremel with a soft metal cutter attachment:D)each of them to fit. It is made of aluminum and is soft. I have over 1K miles with one. Good luck.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Charged,
If I understand you corrrectly you ordered a CH-80 kit from Chris Hill, Ontario Canada.
You made an excellent choice. His kits are a little higher priced but as far as quality and customer service, there isn't any better available. I've just topped 500 miles on my CH-80 with absolutely no problems with engine or kit components. Good luck. Send us some pix when you're finished with your build.
Tom

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Thanks 2-door...... I have never ordered anything from Canada before and have no ideal how shipping works, I assumed that it will be shipped to my address that I gave him. I hope I didn't assume wrong and things get more complicated....no ideal....I guess I used power house engine a little bit wrong....I use to have a chevelle-1967 that the 327 was balanced and shims under the valve springs...it held high rpms without falling apart and a rockercrusher 4-speed geared for quarter-mile and a 456 rear end. If you have a quality motor with the proper gearing...that is what a powerhouse engine means to me.. Goodluck with your Ch80cc