Help selecting the bike.

GoldenMotor.com

Seanik

Nov 10, 2008
Erie Pa
I could really use some help and information in selecting the right bike or frame to mount a rear rack engine. I'm an old timer with some hip problems therefore I can't lift my leg over the cross bar very well, probably a strong ladies bike is what I need. I like the cruiser type bikes with fenders, a large comfortable seat, step through mounting, old fashion handle bars and most important some sort of suspension to soften the bumps. I will probably order a Titan XC50 engine for this bike. Any suggestions as to brand and model will be appreciated. I thought about a mountain bike but no fenders and straight handle bars puts it on the bottom of my list.
Thanks,
Jerry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Seanik. I really like Felt bikes. Steel frame (some) adding a front brake is around $20. They are not bad on price for midranges. Jason is right about the suspension, A seat post is great non-bang for the buck and makes a world of difference.
Felt Bicycles USA - Claire 1-spd & 3-spd (8992)

Fenders are a bit of a pain. The rear has to be cut out and the front has to be shored up so as not to fail and cause the front end to lock up on ya. Well, on cheaper bikes any way.

Felt Bicycles USA - Modjeska 1-spd & 3-spd (9540)

Last edited: