Were can I find the best deal on a friction drive engine kit??

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I want my next build to be a rear rack mount friction drive setup and would like to know if anyone has bought the BGF rackmount kit and if it is any good....I have also been looking at Staton kits as well....How reliable are these engine kits and how many miles can you get out of them????I dont mind paying the extra money for a Robin subaru or honda if they are the best,but if the e-bay engine kits are good as well I will go with one of them....Please add links to sites that sell these kits .....Any help would be apreciated....
John

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I want my next build to be a rear rack mount friction drive setup and would like to know if anyone has bought the BGF rackmount kit and if it is any good....I have also been looking at Staton kits as well....How reliable are these engine kits and how many miles can you get out of them????I dont mind paying the extra money for a Robin subaru or honda if they are the best,but if the e-bay engine kits are good as well I will go with one of them....Please add links to sites that sell these kits .....Any help would be apreciated....
John[/QUOTE

Hello John,

Can't speak to the quality of BFG's stuff but I've read lots of post from dissatisfied customers. Staton on the other hand I've been using for years and it's good stuff. His friction drive units are simple and very rugged, the Robin and the Honda are both excellent. I haven't read anything negative about the Robin engine, they're small but very reliable and there's lots of them in service.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Thanks for the reply,I have heard the Robin subaru is now better than the Honda engines....Any one else had any experiences with off brand rackmount kits and were to get them????
John

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I have the kit from thatsdax.com and so far its been great. Hitting close to 30mph with the xc50s super titan on 700cc wheels with the 1.25" roller. I just talked to Duane a couple of days ago and he said he has improved the kit by making it lighter and more adjustable.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I have the kit from thatsdax.com and so far its been great. Hitting close to 30mph with the xc50s super titan on 700cc wheels with the 1.25" roller. I just talked to Duane a couple of days ago and he said he has improved the kit by making it lighter and more adjustable.
I was wanting to buy a Dax xc50s engine kit,but he is out until mid to late april....Bummer deal....Anyone else had any good experiences with other friction drive kits and were to get them????
John