Hello from Long island, New York!

GoldenMotor.com

Susie Q.

Sep 5, 2009
New York
Well I'm a new to this site and MB's so i though i would just say hello from long island NY. I have always been fascinated by engines since i was very little but never could convince my mom at that age to get a go kart or something, so about a year ago i said, heck why not stick a motor on my bike!! I'm trying to spread the MB craze to all of my friends and so far we have gotten a group of us that ride regularly. my MB was prob the best thing i have done with my money plus i don't have to nag my mom to drive me anywhere!!! I still am not sure if they're legal here so were kind of flying under the radar. But i have passed a few policemen and i just use common courtesy of sharing the roads and not taking out my exhaust baffle out and they seem to not mind!(knock on wood)
- ive caught the bug and it aint leavin anytime soon!!!!

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
Good to know I'm not the only one from NY here. I am 16 and don't have my license yet, so my MB is a great alternative to rides from my mom. I now have got two of my friends into motor bicycling.

Susie Q.

Sep 5, 2009
New York
i felt the same way RaleighRider, theres no one from NY here!! hopefully with time MB in new york will get more popular.

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
hopefully with time MB in new york will get more popular.
Maybe, but just fyi they are illegal in NY. I don't know how strict cops are or how severe of a penalty there is, but I would push the kill switch and pedal when I passed cops... oh wait, I already do that. Well you should too.
anyway, happy riding. Always good to know a New Yorker.

Btw. I will soon be building 2 more MB's for friends.(It's catching on)

Susie Q.

Sep 5, 2009
New York
Yeah i know it stinks i allways either kill it or ghost pedal if theyre far away. Il be riding somewhere and il end up killing it like 5 to 4 times because theres so many cops, but they probably dont think twice about it because they probably see 50 or more people riding regular bikes ya know?

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
I ride passed cops all the time. I figure if they are in their car, they are going too fast to care, and if they are not, I'm going to fast to care.

Bicycleman48

Mar 20, 2009
New York
Hi Suzie Q ... I live in Upstate New York, about 75 miles north of New York City ... I am new to MB'ing and motorcycling .... I have a Whizzer Ambassador (2008), a Yamaha 350 CC, and an old Bianchi that I put a 4 Stroke on .... looking forward to getting an old Huffy from my uncle and putting an 80cc two stroke on it .... yeah, I ain't young, but MBs and motorcycles sure make me feel young. Welcome to the club; the more of us there are in New York, the better it is .... maybe we can get people in New York state government wake up and take notice of this great way to get around .... Have fun and be careful. .flg.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I'm over here on Long Island, and although it's probably getting too cold to do it now, I am looking for other Long Islanders who might be interested in a get-together this coming Spring...

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
Well I'm a new to this site and MB's so i though i would just say hello from long island NY. I have always been fascinated by engines since i was very little but never could convince my mom at that age to get a go kart or something, so about a year ago i said, heck why not stick a motor on my bike!! I'm trying to spread the MB craze to all of my friends and so far we have gotten a group of us that ride regularly. my MB was prob the best thing i have done with my money plus i don't have to nag my mom to drive me anywhere!!! I still am not sure if they're legal here so were kind of flying under the radar. But i have passed a few policemen and i just use common courtesy of sharing the roads and not taking out my exhaust baffle out and they seem to not mind!(knock on wood)
- ive caught the bug and it aint leavin anytime soon!!!!
suzzee an the banshe's.......(band from the 80's)