jet free carb?

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Hey guys,

Well my intake tube broke at the game on my motor today. All now I am liking at a new intake tube, and I got to looking at the current carbs as well. I have been working on mine, and it seems to run good for a while...but then the weather changes and the jetting is off. So this got me to thinking about carbs that don't need to be taken apart to tune.

Is there a cab out there that you don't need to change the jets out on to tune? Something like the idler screw on the nt carbs for your different port sizes? Would seem to me that this would be extremely easy to tune and set up on the go if needed.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Any diaphragm carburetor. Tillotson, Walbro, Zama etc.

Most 2 stroke engines like chainsaws, weed whackers etc already use them. It is not uncommon to adjust the mixture on a chainsaw every day depending on weather & altitude.

Virtually every 2 stroke race Kart has a diaphragm carburetor, and many have mixture adjustments that the driver can manipulate while driving.

It is necessary to drill & tap the crankcase on the china girl because the carbs need a pressure pulse to run the fuel pump.