POOP! Part throttle blues. AGK Klein carb

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
So. My HS 49cc on the Chief build was always a little iffy at wide open throttle cutting out every 5-10 sec for about 2 revolutions. Just a little cut then fine. Annoying but livable. NOW it still does that, but at part throttle; like just off idle; it DIES! Opening the throttle slowly or anything less than WOT or idle it wont run. If I take it from idle to WOT it will go with the aforementioned hesitation. I have so far: Disassembled the carb and cleaned. The idle jet is good. and the guts were blasted out with carb cleaner after removing the main jet. No difference. I have replaced the coil and wire. No change. I have replaced the Chinese plug with a Champion Copper Plus Z9Y properly gapped with no change... If I had hair I would have pulled it out by now and be back to normal... I just changed out the kill switch assembly and its still no go. :-|| HELP! HERE is the carb in question: http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2707&Category_Code=MTRBK49

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ok. I have replaced the Klein carb with the stock HS carb and it runs fine. Bout 3-4 MPH slower on the speedo but no carburation issues at all. I'll miss the speed but not the hiccoughs and part throttle issues. Odd. The AGK "Big Bore" ( stock HS carb ) bored by AGK and "reworked" never did more than idle for me. Could NOT get that sucker to run right. The AGK Kline on my Twin build runs perfect though and gets my fat ass up to 35 MPH! That's an accomplishment :)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ok. I have replaced the Klein carb with the stock HS carb and it runs fine. Bout 3-4 MPH slower on the speedo but no carburation issues at all. I'll miss the speed but not the hiccoughs and part throttle issues. Odd. The AGK "Big Bore" ( stock HS carb ) bored by AGK and "reworked" never did more than idle for me. Could NOT get that sucker to run right. The AGK Kline on my Twin build runs perfect though and gets my fat ass up to 35 MPH! That's an accomplishment :)
Kline? or Keihin....