What kind of kit is reliable

GoldenMotor.com

pradeepbhat92

Aug 3, 2011
michigan
Well I got the bike today a 29 inch mountain bike with nothing in the vframe.

I can't decide between a TITAN XC50S, or the KTMC GP50R

If possible i want to do a KRMC GP50R as a Friction Drive.

Also how much more difficult is a in-frame vs FD?

pradeepbhat92

Aug 3, 2011
michigan
Im a college student studying electrical engineering. My most experience with tools is tools used to open up laptops and desktops as well as assembling some dressers, desks, tv stands pretty much anything with clear written directions.

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
Give us the dimensions of the inside of that frame, then we'll be able to tell you if an in-frame would work :)

And depending on what you do, an in-frame isn't necessarily any harder to build than a friction drive (it really depends on the bike and what mods/special instances you have.)

I'm currently building my first MB and I'm using an in-frame HS+Qmatic kit, and I don't have to do any fabricating. (I do have to bend the pedal crank arms however...) (I'm also using a clairmont which has PLENTY of room inside the frame)

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Well I got the bike today a 29 inch mountain bike with nothing in the vframe.

I can't decide between a TITAN XC50S, or the KTMC GP50R

If possible i want to do a KRMC GP50R as a Friction Drive.

Also how much more difficult is a in-frame vs FD?
Here we have the DAX GP 50R Air
cooled 9 hp power plant. This is an
auto clutch engine with 420 chain
for final drive. 10T Drive sprocket
single speed with auto clutch twist
and go operation. Weighs only
18lbs or so, very compact, 49cc
displacement. Comes with Kick
start, Carb, CDI, and Coil Pack. Mix
Ratio is 32:1. Only $479.99 and
$19.00 shipping. Comes with a 90
day warranty. Allow 5 business
days before Engines or Engine kits
to ship. Call or Order on line !!

nope the gp50r is a chain drive output motor so it will not bolt right to a friction drive tunnel. To make it work i hope you are really good making custom parts out of metal

both motors you listed are 2 strokes they need oil mixed in with the gas or will not run for long

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Just a side note as of now Dax don't have a mounting kit for that 9 HP so you are on your own mounting it...he has made that very clear so ya don't order it by mistake.

As far as friction drives bein the same amount of work as a chain drive...man ya gotta take the back wheel off & mount the rag-joint sprocket, chain tensioner, get it aligned right or throw chains off left & right and let's not forget mount the engine that can't be made to fit every bike frame out there. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything but a friction drive fits almost every bike made without any mods or alignment problems much less mounting a sprocket perfectly centered with absolutely no wobble on a rubber rag joint (the reason I only use the inner rag joint). Friction drives are not much more than mounting a rack on the back of a bike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yup, your right George. Thing I really like about FDs (friction drives) all the engine noise is behind ya.

Not a huge deal, but is nice

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
AMEN to all that was said here.....

Pradeepbhat92.

I would spend some more time in this forum. I mean really spend some time. Go through pages and pages of posts. I'm personally not a big fan of friction drives. Dunno why, I just don't want one. I like the infram design. Again, dunno why??? You can get a jack-shaft kit (allows the bike to run off the crank (where you pedal) but with freewheel where you're feet aren't moving, just the chain. You can just install a regular chinese engine (a regular 2 stroke in frame). they're not built from the best material, but if you know what you're doing (because they're pretty simple), you can get a lot done.
Also, there are many 4 stroke options.
So, if you take a few good hours, and look at people's posts, you'll have a lot of fun learning, and pretty much know what to expect, and what to order.

You'll get one main thing from almost everyone in this site, though. Stay away from Kingsmotorbikes and gasbikes. Those are websites that sell the engine kits, and are known for pretty lazy customer service.

All these kits are pretty much the same. I can't tell you this kit is better then this kit. But, the customer service is where the the real advantage is.

Also, I wanted my first build (a 100$ walmart bike) to go 45, too. Now, doing 25-30 is pretty scarry to me. Because it's a bicycle. It's made to go from your house, to a place pretty close by and back. Not to haul butt down any street. With that being said, be happy that you have a bike that works and that is safe. I can go over 30 on my bike, but I am very comfortable with 10-15. I know if I hit the brakes, I can stop in enought time not to kill myself, or others.

The real joy, though, isn't just riding. It's building. So, get a good bike, get a good motor kit, and have fun building it.

Cheers.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
I've looked around the forum and I still haven't figured out what kit would be reliable for this bike

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Genesis-26-Men-s-V2100-Dual-Suspension-Bicycle/14089739

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I need a kit that's under 300.
The "reliability" does not exist in the kit alone, its how it is installed etc. A "reliability rating" on motorized bicycles just dosen't exist because each bike is different.

About the closest you could get on reliability is to part-for-part duplicate someone else's "reliable" build