Hang your bike, save your knees

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I do not know if any one has posted about this, but I kind of like it, bought it at HF and use it to hang my bike when I work on it, it sure beats being on the floor and getting up and down all the time, (I'm getting old ya know).

Just attach to the rafters in the garage and away you go.

Royce

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I'd be afraid for the sake of my head.....Looks like a nice setup though, glad it takes the weight :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Be very careful. Read the instructions and check the load limit. I have one like yours, bought from Ace Hardware and there were warning lables advising against exceeding 75lbs. Most motorized bikes, especially steel framed cruisers will come close to that number.
I'd suggest a safety chain in addition to the 1/4" nylon rope that comes with those kind of hangers. Yours might be made for heavier loads but it looks identical to mine.
Tom

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Be very careful. Read the instructions and check the load limit. I have one like yours, bought from Ace Hardware and there were warning lables advising against exceeding 75lbs. Most motorized bikes, especially steel framed cruisers will come close to that number.
I'd suggest a safety chain in addition to the 1/4" nylon rope that comes with those kind of hangers. Yours might be made for heavier loads but it looks identical to mine.
Tom
I will admit that the nylon rope that was supplied with the pulley system is a little cheezy and I have wanted to replace it with some stronger cord but have just not gotten around to it yet, but I have never had a problem with the weight YET, I will just cross my fingers...

Royce

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I bought one of those at least 2 yrs back and wanted to put it on like a cloths rack that was on caster wheels. So I could be able to slide it out of the way or spin the bike so as not to have to move the tools from one side to the other.

A safety line is a great thought Tom! Almost embarrassed to admit I never checked the max load. Had no problems with MBs with China girls on em but intended to use for much heavier 4 smoke builds.

oldguy387

Jul 5, 2011
Bethlehem,Pa.
Those things swing which is a pain. I use a bike stand - small stool and carpenter knee pads. I like getting up and down - I need the exercise.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Pat built that nice stand, where you bolt the bike onto it through the kickstand mounting hole. While you have to remove the kickstand, it's such a nice set-up that I built one myself out of 2x4s and a metal plate I had laying around. Pat's is made of steel though, and I think his has wheels. I'm thinking of re-making mine that way.