new projecct im starting

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i have a chopper style bike ive had laying around for a few years, and today i happened to mock up a few parts to see if its possible to mount a motor on it and everything seems to fit fairly well just needs a little bit of machineing to get the perfect fit but i think its a good start i didnt think a motor would fit in that small space but i was wrong

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Interesting and a challenge. Keep us posted with your project.

It would help if you could brighten up your photos just a bit. It's hard to see the details like the engine mounts, etc. How difficult is it to get the spark plkug in or out without moving the engine?

Tom

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
I'm gonna shave a few of the fins and replace the head bolts and do a few other things to make it fit just right but when its done it'll be awesome

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That looks like a Phat Cycles frame. I didn't think it was possible to wedge an engine into that frame. I will be following your unique build.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
honestly the hardest part is going to be making the sprocket work on these 144 spoke rims i was thinking of just machining my own hubs with mounting holes for a sprocket and and 144 spokes or do a jack shaft kit but with limited space a jack shaft kit probably wont work, i would like to keep the 144 spoke rims sine it gives to the over all look of the bike but if i have to i can use normal rims

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Desolation-
loose a few spokes where the hub adapter connections exit
With so many spokes does not adversely effect a thing-still looks cool!!!!

or if you shave-grind- sand the adapter a bit here and there I think you can squeeze it in...

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have seen one of the members welded the sprocket right to the hub. One could do that with a ring and then bolt the sprocket to the ring.....I welded a front pedal sprocket to the hub on a motor bike i built 55 years ago and it worked good .........Curt

Last edited:

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
got a little side tracked with my main bike still trying to get it running right ive rebuilt it 2 times now keep striping out threads and breaking off mounting studs , first rebuild was because a friend had the bike for 3 years and it stopped running so i got it back and replaced the crank case, piston, rings and the cylinder, second rebuild was because i went to tighten the motor mounts because they were loose and the rear stud snapped off in the case so i used the spare crank case i had and just replaced the half that was bad, sadly all progress on it has halted till i get the bike down to where im staying so i can have access to the tools i need to finish