255mm monster brakes

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've never seen one but it certainly makes the concept of a disc brake and a sprocket much more feasable. With the smaller 203 rotor it was nearly impossible to get full pad contact and have caliper to chain clearance with anything bigger than a 32T or smaller sprocket.

Thanks for the link, Rudz, I might have to order this and give it a try. Disc front and rear has always been something I want.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The front should be no problem. You might have to fabricate a caliper bracket but that's no biggie. It's the rear that will be a challenge for the reason given above.

Let us know how things work out.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I will be sharing this picture next time I wanna make a point about the differance from a Walmart type model.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
The rotors kept the heat down from high speed braking. But I don't run that fast anymore, so I went back to the 203mm. Whenever I find some proper dual front hydraulic calipers, I'll switch back the 255mm for the OMG factor.

Vwsb74

Oct 13, 2014
San Diego ca
This is what the 255 looks like on the rear.

This is what it looks like on the front.

Hi, I bought rear kit for my stingray chopper but it did not fit I have to grind the caliper adapter a lot but still the pads are only 3/4 contact to the rotor. Can you give me a tip? I think I can make fit if I will grind it more but there would be no thread left on the caliper

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's a number of different size adapters available at any bike shop, they're usually only a coupla bucks or so... perhaps there's one that's a closer fit?