Almost finished

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice build, we are starting to see more of these frames. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it all painted up.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'd like to see one with a half rear fender and tool box, yours is nice and probably the best looking one I've seen. paint would look good but if I could thorw in my two cents pick a color that the bike would look good in, it's kinda like my Dad says "some cars and or bikes just don't look good in certain colors" and the tank really needs be accented.

eraserskin

Jun 2, 2012
Louisville,Ky
A rear fender has definite potential. As far as color I still struggling with that. I want something with a vintage look, preferably in powder coat. I really want to get that seat lower though , probably going to purchase a BTR style from Pat at sportsman. The only issue is that the skyhawk frame is aluminum and the welding tabs on the sportsman are steel.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is an add for the seats www.crowcycleco.com look at his Gyes Saddles thats all I run on my bikes and you can check two threads to see what I run first is Ol" Blue second is Blood Thursty there is also a pic of a couple of nice saddles on Velo Dromes thread

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
A lay back post would definitley give a better look. Sportsman has a nice one that looks pretty good when you flip the seat guts.

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
A rear fender has definite potential. As far as color I still struggling with that. I want something with a vintage look, preferably in powder coat. I really want to get that seat lower though , probably going to purchase a BTR style from Pat at sportsman. The only issue is that the skyhawk frame is aluminum and the welding tabs on the sportsman are steel.

I think that a blue would look nice with the chrome! You could accent easily with that also and it goes well with the black on it also! :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Take your time choosing a color,you don't want is to pay to have the bike repainted if it isn't the color you THOUGHT it was going to be,some colors are absolutely beautiful but just don't look good on a particular bike, personally I like the color schems of an old 20's mead (Carmel and Ivory white with burnt Orange pinstripes)
I'm going to do a bike in Black with the antique Ivory spears on the frame and tank and then burnt orange pinstriping, cream colored tires,peddles and coke bottle grips.
My Advice is to stay away from conventional color schems unless you are doing an tribute build, but for a semi modern build do something that the bike likes, get some color swatches from the Home Depot and use them against the bike and let it dictate the color suitable for it, but don't use house paint(LOL!) just the swatch

Last edited:

JohnThomas Sorrels

Dec 28, 2011
Ramona/ San Diego
I think you should go with a real btr style seat like you originally posted, they look 100 times better than a bicycle seat IMO. Since your frame is aluminum just cut some new tabs out of 1/4" aluminum to weld on or make brackets that wrap around the frame like a hose clamp so you don't have to weld to the frame, once it's painted it will barely be noticeable.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you already have one of Pats posts then get the Boardie seat, I had one on My Panther and it was great, I just got another 1950 Panther frame and it most likely will get one as well.