Trip to Harbor Freight today.....

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's a funny thing, you go HF for one thing and you end up coming home with a garage full of tools and stuff that you prolly don't even need. Today was one of those days as they had a parking lot sale and I just toasted my 4-1/2" angle grinder last week.

So my buddy Pat and I go there as they had a 4-1/2" angle grinder on sale for $9.99.......cheaper than ever. Then there is all that really cheap stuff in the parking lot that just seems to fill your basket somehow. Then walk inside to see a lonely 212cc Predator sitting on the shelf and rather than spend 50 bux on a new crankshaft for my existing 212, why not get a complete running re-build kit for just under 100?

I guess you can figure out that I came home with a lot more than I actually went shopping for.......man I hate that place laff

dnut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's an insidious chinese plan to rule the world. I go in there to buy a $7 box of rubber gloves, and walk out with $50 worth of stuff I don't need, and no gloves.

OTOH I now have one of every kind of power tool known to man, and the whole mess was only $250 total. When I was a kid, just one tool was $250.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's an insidious chinese plan to rule the world. I go in there to buy a $7 box of rubber gloves, and walk out with $50 worth of stuff I don't need, and no gloves.

OTOH I now have one of every kind of power tool known to man, and the whole mess was only $250 total. When I was a kid, just one tool was $250.
Yeah, but those were real tools back them, not like the new conspiracy of the chinese throw-aways after one or two uses :D

Did I say I hate that place? rotfl

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Then walk inside to see a lonely 212cc Predator sitting on the shelf and rather than spend 50 bux on a new crankshaft for my existing 212, why not get a complete running re-build kit for just under 100?
Re- build kit?
No way, now that you have another motor sitting there
just tempting you, you know that you are gonna have to
build another bike! :D

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re- build kit?
No way, now that you have another motor sitting there
just tempting you, you know that you are gonna have to
build another bike! :D
Well that would be after I do something with the HF 6.5 that's been sitting on the shelf just waiting........

What can I say? Too much junk and not enuf time.....yeah, that's it laff

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
HF was having a sidewalk sale in Gaithersburg and I stopped by and got a whole bunch of stuff for pocket change. Love that place, but I can never seem to walk out with just the things i went in for. I always have about 2-5 extra items.
Umm, yeah.......that's why I hate the place and now it's much closer to home, unfortunately laffdance1

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bought a cart for a mig welder and a load of other things a month ago when Silverbear and I went last month. The cart was $49.00 with 20% off that. The same cart in Canada at the fancy tool store is $165.00.

Said to the cashier as I walked out that it was to bad we didn't have Harbour Freight in Canada. She said that will change soon.

Oh, tell me that's true.

Steve.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I love my harbor slave table lift. Less than $300 out the door. 30 years ago the originals were about $800 used. Probably $1600 new.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ya really can't beat the deals they have and their return policy rivals Craftsman tools from Sears. China, China, China.........it used to be American made and then Japan. Why do I like Chinese food as much as Mexican food now? Not sure about that one, don't think it's the cost tho laff

Let me see here......six 4-1/2" HF angle grinders for the price of one Makita or DeWalt? Is quality really an issue here? Do the math! You even get a spare set of brushes with the HF grinder (not that you'll ever use or need them).

Cheap Chinese cheese, sold by the ton........it's where America shops?

motobike

Apr 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Those grinders can take a beating and last pretty long. I have several, so I don't have to switch from cut off blade, to grinding blade, to sanding disc. Don't forget a multi-plug adapter.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Those grinders can take a beating and last pretty long. I have several, so I don't have to switch from cut off blade, to grinding blade, to sanding disc. Don't forget a multi-plug adapter.
Smart man moto......that's what I'm talkin bout! The grinders are cheaper (in price) than ever and the quality seems to be as good as the trusted big names nowadays. Ya just can't beat the value........it is what it is and who else can compete?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ya but when America finishes running out of money we won't be able to afford Chinese cheese any more. lol.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ya but when America finishes running out of money we won't be able to afford Chinese cheese any more. lol.
Maybe we could work out a country exchange program and all sail over there in our Chinese junks.....they seem to have plenty of work there......a few more china girl factories using our QC and knowledge of these little motors.

And then I woke up......think I was having a nightmare laff

dnut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Maybe we could work out a country exchange program and all sail over there in our Chinese junks.....they seem to have plenty of work there......a few more china girl factories using our QC and knowledge of these little motors.

And then I woke up......think I was having a nightmare laff

dnut
I'm a little surprised harbor slave doesn't already sell china girl motor kits.