Jim chicago bike done schwinn drifter

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Hanging out with that other forum...i don't quite know how to feel jim? ;)
Bikes looking good ,ever try the fender mod.?
Oh yea we are still trying to get rally going , shooting for june 18th w/rain date of 25th ,check out rally thread.
I'll try and post a pic of fender close up.

handyjim

Mar 10, 2011
chicago
ill have to watch that coster brake what happend ? should i jest get pull brakes? love to see that fender set up ill have to find a way to get bike out that way shopdog

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
The cheap bearings gave out and the hub locked up. Always give your rear rim a shake to make their is no play in the hub before you ride. I would eventually upgrade to some Worksman wheels. They are available with a front drum brake. witch will take some stress of the coaster.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Did you get your engine twisting issue sorted out? I see from these pictures that the engine is mounted pretty high. My Landmark (same frame, different name) has the engine almost resting on the pedal chain guard.
My engine was solid, it's the stock rear wheel bearings that caused the problem.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
On mine I used 2 rear mounts, but my engine had the wide front mount. I then had to cut the mount off the chain guard then drill a new mount hole to refit it.

handyjim

Mar 10, 2011
chicago
seems to be ok nougat new bolts brought it a bit lower the muffler clamp seems to help keep it all tight have not had any long rides yet jest a few miles here n there th the hardware store n such think that new rack can handle my bike to lets get togather soon take a ride hopeing it warms up some soon jim

ellsworth

May 19, 2011
Baltimore
yo schwinn drifter riders, i can't get the sprocket straight and its driving me crazy, i already modded the dustcap. did you guys have to widen the center of the sprocket? this is my first build and the sprocket is the only thing holding me back from riding. thanks in advance for any help.