Sprocket side crank removal.

GoldenMotor.com

scott83

Oct 23, 2009
Indiana
Got a new project started with a sick shift kit. I dont have a crank puller but I do have a 2 or 3 jaw puller, so I set it up for 2 jaw and no problem pulling off the left side crank (no sprocket)... but the right side (sprocket side) was a different story. I tried buying locally and no one has them 22mm crank pullers....the kid that puts them together @ wally world (only thing left in town since they moved in) said he couldnt pull it for me either.
I was finally able to remove It with a 1-3/4" exhaust clamp and the 2-jaw puller. 1st remove the chain guard 2nd place the exhaust clamp as shown in the picture and snug nuts down 3rd hold the jaws together on the clamp and turn.
While I realize this is not the best method in a pinch it'll git'er done. ;)

Attachments

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
just go to your local bike shop and have them remove it for you this will be cheap,they will probably have the tool available for sale as well.

scott83

Oct 23, 2009
Indiana
My local Bike shop is 25 miles away one way....(so 2 or 3 hrs and $5 or $10 to remove and $15 or $20 for the tool that id probably use once or twice)....and what good would a post be that says I took my bike to a guy and he fixed it for me? LOL

Last edited:

scott83

Oct 23, 2009
Indiana
I like the hit it with a hammer idea too & i tried it; this one didnt budge....the clamp did work so I thought i might share the idea..;)