New build advice/help/ideas

GoldenMotor.com

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Apologies in advance for the long post, I'm sitting with a bum leg and I've got nothing but time.

Hey all, so I stumbled across Predator303's thread on his 212cc Micargi Royal and absolutely fell in love with the build. If you read this, Predator, props to you, my friend, you inspired me back in to wanting to build again. Thread here:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43358

I love the look of the Royal, and coming from a Schwinn Clairmont with a Chinagirl on it (Stolen a while back, Thread here: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54771&page=2)

I'm looking for something with a little more oomph to it, as the cagers in Santa Maria are a little ruthless, and I'd like to go down to the beach a few times.

The main thing is my budget. I'd like to get away with spending under or just around 500, especially since theft is a common thing in Santa Maria, and also because I'm currently a student in a program where I don't have a lot of time for a job, so I'm working off of saved funds. I'm not completely opposed to spending a little more, but that's where I'd like to be.

I'd like to have torque to take off using the engine only, but it's not a deal breaker if I have to pedal a little bit, the main thing I'm looking for is top end speed because where I'm living is really flat, not a real hill in sight where I'd be riding, so hill speed isn't really an issue.

TL;DR I'm looking to do something like Predator303's build, but on a MUCH smaller budget and skillset, with some top end speed that'll allow me to get over to a left hand turn lane now and then around town, while achieving a similar look to the Royal (love the lines/room for an engine of the frame).

Any ideas, links, advice, telling me it's not possible, all welcome, I'm just itching to build/ride again because I can't afford reg and ins on an actual motorcycle at this point in my life.

ALSO: You'll see a lot of me around the forums and chatroom this week, my foot got in a fight with the claw end of a hammer yesterday and the hammer won, so I'm not doing much right now.

Mr Natural

Mar 4, 2015
New Orleans La
I'm running the Ghost Racer 7G 4 stroke kit. It's available for under $300.00. No pedaling takeoff. pretty quick. The engine mount is tricky, but doable. Csn be purchased from several of the advertisers of this forum.

Last edited: