"Flea Hopper" as of this morning "Flea Flopper"

GoldenMotor.com

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
Generic 4 stroke goped broke one of her two fuel tank mounts ;-(.

now in the shop to re-weld back to original form -------------- cost? not sure. all talk was casual and I didn't bring up cost. For a 1-inch steel weld of a mount to frame I think 30 bucks is apt. more than 40 and I'd not be happy ;-/.

.......400 miles and 30 hours - and my first "structural failure"......................

never thought 20 mph as so brutal physically pn my "Fl/Hopper".

BTW saw a nice full decked out MBike (looked like a picture perfect Kvale offering (not sure if Kvale as a Norman costumer - but sure looked like a possibility) from his Website) 2 weeks ago as I was doing my usual front yard Gardening --------came vipping by.

Saw Ironhorse 5.1 about a month ago in Alameda too!.

and there is another one with a MB here - so make 3 motorized bikes here.

and for Gopeds - mine is 4-stroke - another 2 stroke has zoomed in front of my house 2 months ago as well as an electric version of the same 3 months ago.

AND we have an electric Trike! - which seems tp stay on sidewalks and under 10 mph AFAIK (and seen)

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
"Flea Hopper" has been welded-up (20-bucks) for 7 weeks now. She fit as a fiddle. On a good day when she is happy with good gas and a cool morning we go 20 mph together as one. Later in the heat of the 95-degress day, we slow a little and max out at 19 mph. She worked out 40 miles last weekend. zipped all over town. had lots of looks, 2 folks have stopped me to ask about her and tell me they've seen me zipping all over town the last few months.

I bought a "speed kit" to break the 25 mph speed barrier, but not sure I'm going to bother now. I'm deciding that going 5 mph slower could actually be more fun.

at 19 mph I get to see, dogs on porches, dogs chasing cats, old ladies picking flower in their gardens, guys tickering in garages, painters painting houses, kids playing in driveways.

at 25 mph I might miss some of that stuff ;-/.

Last edited:

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
My old man went for a ride on my Royal Enfield tribute bike. It's a 48cc china kit that I have done a little work to (buffs fingernails)

He's over 300lbs. He comes back white as a ghost and says this to me: "35 in a car... nothing. 35 on a motorcycle... wouldn't think twice. 35 on a bicycle is haulin a$$!"

Now, that's not saying the bike is unstable or feels jittery. It's as solid a build as you can get. He's right though, as it is still a bicycle, and at 35 mph you'd better be paying close attention to the road. Not much time for skylarking past 15 mph.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
yep. and lower the are the faster it seems also - wish gokarts were street legal. 25 on one of those would be like 30 on my motorized-scooter. Someday I may try to get that "Monster-moto/Motvox kids gokart for 600 buck and add crap to it (like all the street legal stuff - windscreen/lights/etc and see if I can "pass it off" as a LSV (Low speed Vehicle) which are legal in my town.

But the DMVs are such **** to work with on anything - was given a hard time getting my "Honda z50a clone" (Chinese 1969 style monkeybike) because I bought it over the internet and had an MSO/Bill of sell - but not the usual stuff you'd get from a Dealer (like Title? - not sure...........)............anyway clerk had to goto "the boss" to sort the troble out. She did and it is now Street Legal.

If interested you can see the DMV thread and picts of the "Ice Bear" below that thread called "Sidecar picts" or some such -over in the Tavern.

45 on that thing (8" wheels) will seen like 400.............i'll try not to kill myself first though.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
I see you are from SC - I bought my Hopper from eastcoastwholesales out of Charlestown (nice town BTW - drove there in 08 on vacation.

dealer is worthless - happy to send you the scooter - but it one bolt has stripped threads BEFORE you even use it and send three emails for one fookin replacement bolt (like the main one that bolts to handlebars to the stem!.....crickets.......................

had to drive 20 miles and 5 scooter shops before I found the right thread/pitch/size and length (dunbuggy repair shop had a big bucket of bolts) - got it free.

said he be happy to work on my Hopper if the need ever arose also.

a lot kewler guy than my dealer! lol.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
Haha I was wondering what ice bear was! Where'd you find that?
megamotormadness.com

under "Street bikes"

"barnone" - a member of planetminis and advrider has had one for 1-1/2 yr now. hppy with his (he has a YT video somewhere), and there is a guy in Pittburg PA with one (ran across a "Reddit" thread about his.

"Barnone" provided a link to the seat he used - I like his so much I bough the same seat for myself.

Last edited:

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
god my 10-buck biglots keyboard is getting worse - lol. may have to get the other one out of its box soon.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I looked up east coast wholesale and it seems that they're now in Myrtle Beach. Goose Creek is about 30 minutes outside of Charleston, but it's changed a lot since 08. It's become so much more centered towards tourism than just doing its own thing that it lost a lot of appeal to me now. Maybe I just grew up?

The ice bear is pretty cool! I like how it comes with a sidecar. A friend of mine just ordered a 110 dirtbike for like $600 shipped. I'll have to show him this page. He's going to be mad.