Rear Disc Brake How do U Install Sprocket?

GoldenMotor.com

AliasLabs

Jan 12, 2015
San Francisco
Hi Im building my 3 rd Bike and new to this Forum.
Im in the process of purchasing a new 7 Speed Bike that has Front and Rear Disc Brakes installed .
I'm wanting to upgrade my bike to a New MotorKit from Jakes Custom Motor Bikes . The question I have is this.
Bicycle Designer offers a
Motorized Rear Disc Brake Kit that comes with Extra Large Disc to fit over the 44tooth sprocket and a spacer
with an extension bracket for the brake.
Will I have enough Clearance to install this kit or would it be better to remove the Brake kit, or get the Coaster Style model that they offer instead?? I like the 7Speed option for Top end Speed, Climbing Hills, I live in S.F. so we have plenty of those.
Please Help!!
Im including the URL of the Bike and the
Motorized Rear Disc Brake Kit with Sprocket and adapter.

Thanks !!! Alias brnot

Fito Modena GT Beach Crusier
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OUGU9QK/ref=gno_cart_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A95UMGPWPH63Z

BicylceDesigner.com
http://www.bicycledesigner.com/motorized-rear-disc-brake-kit.html

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
A jack shaft kit would be a better idea for that bike.
You will be able to power all seven gears with the engine, run the rear disk un-modified and it will solve the tire clearance issues all fat tire bikes have.

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Im building my 3 rd Bike and new to this Forum.
Im in the process of purchasing a new 7 Speed Bike that has Front and Rear Disc Brakes installed .
I'm wanting to upgrade my bike to a New MotorKit from Jakes Custom Motor Bikes . The question I have is this.
Bicycle Designer offers a
Motorized Rear Disc Brake Kit that comes with Extra Large Disc to fit over the 44tooth sprocket and a spacer
with an extension bracket for the brake.
Will I have enough Clearance to install this kit or would it be better to remove the Brake kit, or get the Coaster Style model that they offer instead?? I like the 7Speed option for Top end Speed, Climbing Hills, I live in S.F. so we have plenty of those.
Please Help!!
Im including the URL of the Bike and the
Motorized Rear Disc Brake Kit with Sprocket and adapter.

Thanks !!! Alias brnot

Fito Modena GT Beach Crusier
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OUGU9QK/ref=gno_cart_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A95UMGPWPH63Z

BicylceDesigner.com
http://www.bicycledesigner.com/motorized-rear-disc-brake-kit.html
I purchased this last month for my own project, on a gamble that it would fit. It didn't. ~2010 Miele UA261 MTB, 3x7 = 21 speed with 26" wheels, 18" frame. You need significant left hand side clearance, both at the hub/axle assembly, and out to the furthest extent of the disc diameter in terms of clearance with the inside frame for clearances with that dinner-platter sized disc.

The monster disc itself sits in the spare parts bin. The sprocket adapter and the sprocket itself (40 tooth) has been installed.

I'm not far enough along in my own project to say for sure, but i don't think it'd work in terms of room unless it's on a fat-tire (in which case jack-shaft is the way to go with those..), or you switch the rear end over to single speed and shift everything over. I'm converting over to a good quality rim brake on the rear, instead. Most of the braking forces come from the front anyway (my project has also got the front monster rotor setup from B-D, with Avid Hydraulics coming == braking overkill to the power of 10).

FWIW..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A jack shaft kit would be a better idea for that bike.
You will be able to power all seven gears with the engine, run the rear disk un-modified and it will solve the tire clearance issues all fat tire bikes have.
Absolutely.
I don't even consider direct driving a disc brake bike.

It'll cost ya $150 more and take longer to do but it's gears baby....
Gears change everything.