Indian board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum and im coping every thing from another forum just to catch up on the project. After looking into making a board track racer for a very long time ive decided to start mine. This is my first motorized bike build but I have built a board track racer before. My first board track racer I made from cardboard and fibreglass model of a 1912 Harley Davidson .

I made a replica of the transport crate for it too be displayed in.

but after i made the Harley i really wanted to build the real thing and this is what ive got so far.It going to be a 1911 Indian single

Ive been working on making the motor look nice by adding detail parts i made a fake magneto to fill up the space in the frame.Im trying to make it look as close to original as i can get but i think the magneto came out quite nice

I put the magneto on a little stand next to the engine too look as if its actualy connected. I also made a oil tank to fill the other space

Im going to cut of all the fins on the fly wheel to make the side of the motor look cleaner and more the like it should
heres the picture im using to get an idea of how it should look in the end

Last edited:

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England

I managed to find some paint so ive painted the engine its a 3hp briggs and stratton

I also ordered some new rims and tyres witch came today. i think it makes the bike look much better

Ive done a little bit more to the bike i cut the fins off the flywheel.

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ive went to the beaulieu auto jumble and picked up a few new parts that I was looking for. I managed to find a beautiful brooks leather saddle witch should look great once ive put some leather softener on it. I also got some new bars,some white pedals white grips and some little detail parts like a oiler.

Im stilll not sure on the handle bars so i might have a go at making some.

all the new parts on the bike

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
I made some racing numbers (or at least that's what i keep calling them) i chose 11 beacuse im basing the bike of a 1911 indian. I also added a few extra details to the engine:A fake sight glass,some extra copper pipes from the oil tank and attached the oiler to the tank.

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ive started work on the tank and ive got some mud guards for the wheels and ive mocked up how the pedals wiill look

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ive finished one side and I think it came out pritty good for a first attempt. Im going to put a smaller tank inside this one so it wont need to hold as much fuel.

and heres somethign els ive done just to add a little detail to the bike

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
So ive not updated in a while but ive done some more work over the past couple of weeks

i made a fuel tank from a fire extinguisher :D with will fit inside the fake tank so i don't have to fill it with as much fuel.

i cut the frame so the drive wheel can fit

I think it turned out quite well. the next big task is going to be working out the belt tension arm. but for now im going to start welding up the frame.

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
I made some new handelbars and lowered the seat on the Indian. I think its changed the look of the bike completely. before the seat was too high and it didn't flow. The board track racer bars make the bike.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Look in good! I like all the little details around the motor.Makes it look like the motor was suppose to be there.

Un1queMN

Jul 4, 2014
Saint paul
That looks so sick. I love the style you put into it. I just signed up today and got done with my first project. How do I post a post in the forum? And how fast do you think that will go?

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
What are you using to weld up the frame? Im building something like it but im dead in the water because I do not weld
Im just mig welding the frame and all the parts because i have access to a mig welder. If you cant weld then it would probably be a much harder project to do. i suppose you could take it some where to have it welded.

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ive been doing some more work over the last week. Ive completed the tank mostly all it needs now is some body filler to make i nice and smooth :)
the inside of the tank is a smaller tank so it dosent hold a large amount of fuel

The side of the tank welded up

all the welds smoothed out

And the tank sitting in the bike

Last edited:

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
ive also been working on a stand so i dont have to keep leaning it up against a wall :D

I put a support on one side od the stand but i think im going to put ofn the other side as well.

i also added a catch to the saddle so the stand can lock into place

and a front view of the bike

Last edited: