Huffy cranbrook build problem.

GoldenMotor.com

Ganosaliqueur

Dec 7, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I'm trying to get my 4G T-belt kit level on my frame and I am running into a problem with mounting it. If I can get the mount to let the engine fit then it is off level by a bubble and only the back holes are free as the front part of the mount blocks the mounting holes for the engine. I've tried searching but wasn't able to pull anything up so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Does it absolutely need all 4 mounting screws from the engine to the mount, or am I going to have to get the mount machined?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I don't run a 4 stroke but yes you need all four bolts to keep the engine secure, a motorized bicycle has a lot of vibration. Everyone here on the forum will tell you , some have learned first hand to mount the engine as solid as possible. Good luck.

Ganosaliqueur

Dec 7, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Well it seems that the cranbrook has a bend in the frame that the front mount doesn't sit flush with. Looks like I'll need to get a dremel to grind a bit away. it should only take about 1mm off at a small part of the bottom and it should line up perfectly.

Ganosaliqueur

Dec 7, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Img 57 is of my dry fit so far. It's level once it is on the tire and not the center kickstand. The problem you can see in img 58 which shows that I don't have any space to thread a bolt through. I figure I'll just grind that the 2mm I need and I should be good to go.

Attachments

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
A small amount of tilt should not hurt anything if you are unable to fit it perfectly level. But I'd simply drill the mount to fit where you have it in the second pic.

Ganosaliqueur

Dec 7, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I'm not certain if the cheapo drill I have can handle it. It struggles on masonry let alone steel. It would take a bit longer but wouldn't a grinding bit on a dremel let me get those 2 channels in the space I need?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Most kits or mounts are designed to fit most frames, not all are the same. I have built four beach cruisers that were the same frame but all had different seat tube angles. My cranbrook turned out OK , if your bikes brakes are anything like mine you should install a front brake. A m/x style side pull brake will bolt right on. You will have to customize a lot of parts for your bike.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you have the bits for a dremil it should work, one of the best attachments for the DrEmil or a die grinder is a carbide rasp. A tear drop style works good for slight modifications.

Ganosaliqueur

Dec 7, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I've got front and rear rim breaks, and once the bent coaster arm comes in the coaster break will work as well. I also have a clamshell adapter and sprocket from Piston with a spring chain tensioner. The adapter fits the hub like a dream and the sprocket goes on true. Once I get my mount fully in place I can make sure the drive chain is true and I figure I should be good. I got the 100/12 kid to have as few headaches as possible.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Northern tool or harbor freight have the rasp/burr, some hardware and home improvement stores have them also.

sly_wheelz

May 26, 2013
Maine
it looks like maybe the plate for the mount is on backwards, or atleast opposite to the way mine was shipped, the front section of the plate was longer on mine and when pushed all the way forward which is how i had to mount it, i still had no problem with the holes being blocked and mine is also on a cranbrook and it is perfectly level.