Gasbike.net Rip-Off Report

GoldenMotor.com

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
Recently I purchased a motorized 2 stroke bicycle kit, including a custom frame from Gasbike.net...
At first I was impressed...
I spent many hundreds of dollars turning the frame into a nice bicycle.
As soon as I mounted the motor, a problem was apparent. The exhaust stud flange disintegrated when I tried to tighten the 10mm nut, leaving nothing to try helicoil. The only way to fix it is to have it welded up, re-surfaced...
The engine runs great, there is just no way to mount the exhaust pipe to the engine with out welding up the flange, so it is garbage...

I called them and was told there is nothing that they can do, defects are not their obligation, I was advised that I could purchase a new cylinder IF and when they come back into stock...

They did offer to sell me a 4 stroke replacement kit, for $350, because "those two stroke kits don't last anyway" is what the kid said on the phone...
Now I should buy from them again???
I hope whoever owns this site removes them as an advertiser, but then if they pay to be here, good luck with that...
I do plan on finding EVERY PAID AD THEY HAVE, and clicking it, just to cost them money...

BEWARE OF http://www.gasbike.net they do not honor their products or 30 day warrentee...

laff <<< You bought from GasBike.net? you should have just given the money away to a drug addict!

Last edited:

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
all these horror stories is one of the reasons i decide to build a DIY bike. why waste your money when you can build something cheaper and better. im extremely happy with my bike.

Aug 6, 2013
Las Vegas
brnotHey.. My exhaust stud internal thread stripped out too... It sucked... I was going to helicoil it but in a quick fix try i just screwed in next size stud bolt in... Worked fine... Fine enough i couldn't get it out to helicoil it... so left it in... I wouldn't imagine this problem be Gasbike.net responsibility ... They just a middleman id imagine.. My internal threads stripped cause cranks hitting on exhaust muffler and not having muffler frame clamp for extra support i thinking..... My Grubee skyhawk frame kit combo is running good.. aside from the few kinks i had to iron out... she is well worth the time and money... Most Breaks and problems in life always lead back to user error somehow or another... Sometimes we have to investigate why to problem happened.. Hope it work out for ya... Dont forget to get new exhaust gasket...dnut