Bicycle Motor Parts Grab-bag!

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
SOLD!

Due to some big life changes, I have had to given up my motorized bicycle hobby for the time being. Now that I'm moving, I've got to get rid of everything I have. This has been a fun project and I intend to come back to it one day. Meanwhile, I need to sell off all the bike parts that I have.

Here's the deal: A few years ago I built a 66cc bike, made many mods to it, replaced parts several times, bricked my engine, swapped more parts to get it working again, etc. Eventually I decided to buy a whole new engine with the intention of doing a complete teardown to do my own quality control. Unfortunately I never got to that point.

So I'm selling everything from those 2 engines in one giant grab bag. Whoever wants it for $45 gets the whole lot!

Before considering this, please realize that neither of these engines are fully functional in their current state! My original engine is mostly together but I just couldn't get it to run even after replacing the crank and piston. The second engine is completely taken apart, but otherwise everything that came with it is brand-new and never used.

Everything you see here will be in the box:

Here's what will come in the box:

- 1 66cc RAW motors happy time engine with a centrifugal clutch attached. This centrifugal clutch has not been fully tested and I'm not sure if it has the little spring wire that's supposed to be in it. It seems to work anyway when I rotate it by hand, however. This engine is not in working condition, but I imagine someone with the time and interest could use this engine along with all the other parts to build a fully-functional bicycle engine. I should also note that I had to make a modified front mount using bolts and a piece of aluminum stock, because when I first got this engine I stupidly tightened the cheap chinese bolt too tight and one of the bolt heads busted off. The mount I made worked pretty well but you should be aware that it means the motor will be mounted at a slightly different angle. The head has a slant plug hole.

- 1 brand new 66cc happy time engine completely in pieces. I do not know what brand the engine is because I bought it off someone. It's your fairly generic bike engine. I cannot 100% guarantee that every single part that came with it will be in the box, but the vast majority should be there. I know that I have the cylinder head(straight), cylinder jug, the two bottom-end halves, the clutch plate, big clutch cog with pads, the inner clutch assembly(the thing with the fat spring that goes inside the engine), clutch sprocket(for the chain), crankshaft with piston attached, stock spark plug, all of the side covers, intake neck, clutch arm, clutch spring, clutch flower nut. The things I do not have are most of the gaskets including the head gasket, the magnet for the magneto, and the head nuts. Anything that's missing can be scavenged off the old engine.

- 2 NT carburetors. One of them is brand new and the older one has a big hole in the air filter cover. The older one was modified to run the motor on ethanol fuel, so I drilled out the jet using a #60 drill bit. The brand new NT carburetor is unmodified.

- 1 throttle that is compatible with NT carbs. On this throttle, I removed the cheesy plastic peg and replaced it with a bolt for more sturdy mounting on the handlebars.

- 1 40 tooth sprocket.

- 2 heavy duty chains. One of them is brand new, the other is used but in good working condition.

- 2 peanut/teardrop tanks. Both are in good condition but one is old and needs to be seriously cleaned out.

- 1 centrifugal clutch cover. I couldn't get it to fit on my old motor, but you're free to give it a try.

- 1 gear puller tool that came with the kits. It's actually stuck in the big clutch cog for the new motor, so you'll have to pull it out to use it. I'm too lazy. :p

- 2 clutch levers.

- 1 mirror. It's a crappy Bell mirror, but I mostly relied on it to make my bike street legal.

- 2 CDIs. One is brand new, the other old. Both are working and in good condition. The brand new one comes with the stock spark plug wire; the old one has a car spark plug wire which is much higher quality and more flexible.

- 4 spark plugs. 2 of them are the stock LD plugs, one is a B6HS, and the other is a lawnmower plug that I tried. I forget why I didn't end up using it, but you're welcome to give it a try.

- 1 bag full of mounting hardware and nuts/bolts for the new motor that I took apart.
I cannot guarantee that everything is in there. Most of it should be, however.

- 1 spark plug removal tool.

- 2 clutch cables. One of them is used and might be too short since I clipped it. You can always get a new one from Wall Mart.

- 1 modified muffler/exhaust pipe. The original end cap fell out a million times and eventually got run over by a street sweeper. I replaced the end cap with one I fabricated out of a big steel washer and a bolt. It may not be pretty, but it works very well and won't fall out on you like the stock ones do! It does not have a tube like the stock end cap does, but it's still very reasonably quiet and allows for better pressure flow. This muffler does not have a catalytic converter, and I sawed the neck in half and had it welded back together for a better fit to my bike.

- 1 of those stupid bike handle grips that come with the kits. I think they're awful, but it's in the box if you want it.

- 1 jar of moly grease.

- 1 build instruction manual. It came with my first bike. It wasn't very helpful, but it's there if you want it.

- 1 set of stock mounting hardware for the 40 tooth sprocket. This includes the 2 rubber rings as well as the crescent-shaped metal washers that come with them, but I do not know if all the necessary nuts and bolts are in the bag of hardware. If not, they can easily be replaced with either metric or non-metric nuts and bolts from your local hardware store.

- 1 used 66cc piston. It's a bit dinged up, but it's there if you ever need a quick piston replacement.

- 1 bearing from a crankshaft that I busted a few years ago. Again, mostly for replacement value. It should still be good.

- 2 chain guides/tensioners. One is brand new and the other is used.

- 1 stock fuel petcock. Judging from the last one I owned, it's a real piece of crap and I'd advise to not even use it. But feel free to take it off my hands.

- 1 clutch cable lock.

If I find any of the missing parts, I'll put them in the box before giving it away.

This lot would be great for someone who'd love to tinker with their bike motor. As well you could probably resell some of these items and make a profit.

I live in the LA area of Southern California, and I'm willing to allow a local pickup. I'd be willing to ship the box, but I must add on whatever shipping charges to the price.

Last edited:

siouxindian

Jan 4, 2013
tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Due to some big life changes, I have had to given up my motorized bicycle hobby for the time being. Now that I'm moving, I've got to get rid of everything I have. This has been a fun project and I intend to come back to it one day. Meanwhile, I need to sell off all the bike parts that I have.

Here's the deal: A few years ago I built a 66cc bike, made many mods to it, replaced parts several times, bricked my engine, swapped more parts to get it working again, etc. Eventually I decided to buy a whole new engine with the intention of doing a complete teardown to do my own quality control. Unfortunately I never got to that point.

So I'm selling everything from those 2 engines in one giant grab bag. Whoever wants it for $50 gets the whole lot!

Before considering this, please realize that neither of these engines are fully functional in their current state! My original engine is mostly together but I just couldn't get it to run even after replacing the crank and piston. The second engine is completely taken apart, but otherwise everything that came with it is brand-new and never used.

Everything you see here will be in the box:

Here's what will come in the box:

- 1 66cc RAW motors happy time engine with a centrifugal clutch attached. This centrifugal clutch has not been fully tested and I'm not sure if it has the little spring wire that's supposed to be in it. It seems to work anyway when I rotate it by hand, however. This engine is not in working condition, but I imagine someone with the time and interest could use this engine along with all the other parts to build a fully-functional bicycle engine. I should also note that I had to make a modified front mount using bolts and a piece of aluminum stock, because when I first got this engine I stupidly tightened the cheap chinese bolt too tight and one of the bolt heads busted off. The mount I made worked pretty well but you should be aware that it means the motor will be mounted at a slightly different angle. The head has a slant plug hole.

- 1 brand new 66cc happy time engine completely in pieces. I do not know what brand the engine is because I bought it off someone. It's your fairly generic bike engine. I cannot 100% guarantee that every single part that came with it will be in the box, but the vast majority should be there. I know that I have the cylinder head(straight), cylinder jug, the two bottom-end halves, the clutch plate, big clutch cog with pads, the inner clutch assembly(the thing with the fat spring that goes inside the engine), clutch sprocket(for the chain), crankshaft with piston attached, stock spark plug, all of the side covers, intake neck, clutch arm, clutch spring, clutch flower nut. The things I do not have are most of the gaskets including the head gasket, the magnet for the magneto, and the head nuts. Anything that's missing can be scavenged off the old engine.

- 2 NT carburetors. One of them is brand new and the older one has a big hole in the air filter cover. The older one was modified to run the motor on ethanol fuel, so I drilled out the jet using a #60 drill bit. The brand new NT carburetor is unmodified.

- 1 throttle that is compatible with NT carbs. On this throttle, I removed the cheesy plastic peg and replaced it with a bolt for more sturdy mounting on the handlebars.

- 1 40 tooth sprocket.

- 2 heavy duty chains. One of them is brand new, the other is used but in good working condition.

- 2 peanut/teardrop tanks. Both are in good condition but one is old and needs to be seriously cleaned out.

- 1 centrifugal clutch cover. I couldn't get it to fit on my old motor, but you're free to give it a try.

- 1 gear puller tool that came with the kits. It's actually stuck in the big clutch cog for the new motor, so you'll have to pull it out to use it. I'm too lazy. :p

- 2 clutch levers.

- 1 mirror. It's a crappy Bell mirror, but I mostly relied on it to make my bike street legal.

- 2 CDIs. One is brand new, the other old. Both are working and in good condition. The brand new one comes with the stock spark plug wire; the old one has a car spark plug wire which is much higher quality and more flexible.

- 4 spark plugs. 2 of them are the stock LD plugs, one is a B6HS, and the other is a lawnmower plug that I tried. I forget why I didn't end up using it, but you're welcome to give it a try.

- 1 bag full of mounting hardware and nuts/bolts for the new motor that I took apart.
I cannot guarantee that everything is in there. Most of it should be, however.

- 1 spark plug removal tool.

- 2 clutch cables. One of them is used and might be too short since I clipped it. You can always get a new one from Wall Mart.

- 1 modified muffler/exhaust pipe. The original end cap fell out a million times and eventually got run over by a street sweeper. I replaced the end cap with one I fabricated out of a big steel washer and a bolt. It may not be pretty, but it works very well and won't fall out on you like the stock ones do! It does not have a tube like the stock end cap does, but it's still very reasonably quiet and allows for better pressure flow. This muffler does not have a catalytic converter, and I sawed the neck in half and had it welded back together for a better fit to my bike.

- 1 of those stupid bike handle grips that come with the kits. I think they're awful, but it's in the box if you want it.

- 1 jar of moly grease.

- 1 build instruction manual. It came with my first bike. It wasn't very helpful, but it's there if you want it.

- 1 set of stock mounting hardware for the 40 tooth sprocket. This includes the 2 rubber rings as well as the crescent-shaped metal washers that come with them, but I do not know if all the necessary nuts and bolts are in the bag of hardware. If not, they can easily be replaced with either metric or non-metric nuts and bolts from your local hardware store.

- 1 used 66cc piston. It's a bit dinged up, but it's there if you ever need a quick piston replacement.

- 1 bearing from a crankshaft that I busted a few years ago. Again, mostly for replacement value. It should still be good.

- 2 chain guides/tensioners. One is brand new and the other is used.

- 1 stock fuel petcock. Judging from the last one I owned, it's a real piece of crap and I'd advise to not even use it. But feel free to take it off my hands.

- 1 clutch cable lock.

If I find any of the missing parts, I'll put them in the box before giving it away.

This lot would be great for someone who'd love to tinker with their bike motor. As well you could probably resell some of these items and make a profit.

I live in the LA area of Southern California, and I'm willing to allow a local pickup. I'd be willing to ship the box, but I must add on whatever shipping charges to the price.
i will buy all of it for 50 bucks find out how muck to ship to 74110 thats tulsa okla.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
well if this falls through how much would it be for the brand new motor (in pieces) to ship to 94117. I could do this price + ~20-35$ if you are willing to separate. Oh and both of the cdi's as well :p Thanks!!!!!!