Making it up as I go

GoldenMotor.com

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
So I came across some real thick heavy grain leather if any one need some for seat they should let me know. I have a few parts I'm in need of so a trade might be the way to go. Ill repost this in the well-trade section.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Been a little while since the last update. Most of the recent work was in the wheel dept.
Tracked down 12g spokes, painted the hoops, rebuilt some hubs. Taught my self how to lace and true wheels. Dial indicator and all.

Also got some handlebars and made risers.The 7/8th two bolt clamps where done from solid 5/8th stock. I drill the main hole then the bolt holes, cut'm in half , tap the lower half and drill the upper bolt holes a 1/32 larger then the bolt then do the shaping.

The pillow blocks for the jack shaft were done the same way.

And one more thing you don't see every day.

Tank and motor work are next. already cut out the wooden form to start hammer'n.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Just a few more.

And if your wondering how it'll stop with out front or rear drums. I plan on making "perimeter mounted rotors".

Don't ask how long it took to figure out what the **** they were caller. but I like'em so I'm gona build'em.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I do think they would look better lower...

And with the way those handle bars spread out I’m not sure a cross bar would look right? They’re not the traditional tiler style that usually have cross bars anyway.

-Kirk

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The handle bars IF? you are going to keep them would be cool if you extended them back and since you have plenty of room you shoud make an oil box/tool box for the seat post and fender of course.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
I think was going in the direction of a gentlemen's cruiser look. with a little nod to the steampunk for style. so maybe full full fenders front and back. and I have an alternator to work in so I'll need to make a battery box at some point.
And if i ever make it around to paint I was thinking a dull black, not flat just
dull with gold leaf scrolling for accent. Kind of like a 20's Singer sewing machine.

like this just with wheels and a motor. How hard could it be?

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Hey so I never got back to how the whole leather thing turned out. not that i don't like the seat on the bike now but I picked up a mess of thick leather real cheap and wanted to try shaping a seat. so carved out a wooden form, soaked the leather in warm water and watched it shrink about a third the right size....
Cut out another one and twice the size i needed and started over.
And after drying, cutting, dieing and riveting here's what I got.

still need to work on the nose but not too bad, big learning curve on this one.
But still fun.
and heres a shot of that alternator I found.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
So got a few things going on and thought it might be time for an up date.
The tank is coming along

Clutch and drive train just about all worked out.

Did a little work on a logo.

No photo yet but the kick-starts about half done so that will be coming soon.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I like the foot boards, nice! build and I like the all the other little details too!
Thanks! for the update COOL STUFF!

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
There should a drawing in the patent page. I posted when I was working on them or you could Google Webb Girder forks. That's where I found them.