Fastest BTR build?

GoldenMotor.com

brad2274

Dec 11, 2012
Satellite Beach
(Updated!) Fastest BTR build?

Hey ive just been lurkin for a while on here and i finally started my BTR project, i started it on tuesday(been gathering some parts for a while) and it needs to be finished on monday... so ive got about a 6 day build process, started off with a oldish cycle pro mens cruiser, chopped it up, then bent and welded in some steel i found, did all that on tuesday, and fabed up mounts for a 49 china girl yesterday.

[/IMG]

let me know what you think, i just ground down the welds and primed it tonight, made a faux alluminum tank an hour ago (putting a weed wacker tank in it, dont have time to make a real tank) painting it merlot red tomorrow

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Whats the hurry? if you want to cover up the folds in the down loop tube make a faux crank case cover, like mine in "Blood Thursty"

brad2274

Dec 11, 2012
Satellite Beach
need it for a 1920s day event at my high school, i really wanna make one in the future, just dont got the time.
painted it today

putting it together tomorrow

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well so far looks like your doing a fine job and this little experience will make the next build easier and not being in a rush on the next one will also give you the oppertunity to do all the thing's you couldn't with this one, but for a tweenties theme (I'm Guessing?) reunion/get together you are nailing it.

brad2274

Dec 11, 2012
Satellite Beach
thanks, finished it(well ill probably never call it finished but it looks good and runs) last night after fiddling with the chain and a loose rear wheel till 8, threw out the tensioner and it worked. yeah tires are cream brick duros, which were the most expensive part of the bike, ($30 shipped for a pair) only spent about $38 on the btr total, almost everything is recycled. used some old handle bars and bent/welded exhaust, used garage door chain + 1" steel, it goes on and on. ill post pictures tonight after the event, havent seen my copper tank hangers in the light yet hahah

brad2274

Dec 11, 2012
Satellite Beach
Wow sorry for completely ditching this site, been so caught up with college and my car, amongst many other motored projects...
here's pics from the event, and a few others, wish i had more for you guys but ill be pulling it out to overhaul it soon, might even make a real tank(especially since the faux one was hit by falling debris and it crumbled) build was completed night before the event on the 26th, whole thing was built in pretty much 6 days so theres plenty of kinks ill need to work out soon lol.
Btw i won best of show(only award there was lol) got an award and $300! :D

At the event,

months later taking it for a spin

inspiration(from a member on here i think)

ill provide a parts list if you guys are interested, used some pretty crazy recycled parts hahah