Need some recomendations

GoldenMotor.com

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Christmas is coming up and that means new toys! Ive been uing my bike to get to and from school for a while now and its served me great but its 98% stock and i dont have any performance parts on it. The bike is about 20 years old and its ready to be retired, again. So my idea was to get a $150 cruiser from dicks sporting good and make a better bike with my existing engine.
I know my engine is due for a top end rebuild so thats definitly on the list but i want to make this thing beautiful and reliable so thats were you guys come in. My plan is to make a modern looking cafe racer painted a flat od green. I would apreciate it if you guys gave me some recomendations as to brands/specific part and just general things to go on. Thank you all in advance.

My item list so far...
- rings and maybe cylinder/piston
- springer fork
- expansion pipe/muffler
- sproket/sproket adapter for cb-110
- front drum break and wheel with 12g spokes
- carberator
brnot

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I used to build cruisers with coaster brakes as long as at least one real brake was added, but no longer will build them at all. So many rear wheel bearing & hub failures that I've lost count of them. I now recommend the walmart cruisers that have a rear derailer & cantilever brakes for about $165.

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Hmmm probebly want to get a complete new wheel set then... I think then ill get a super cheap walmart bike for just the frame and crank set as thats hard to screw up. So who makes a good wheel set with a front drum? Preferably 12g spokes and a sprocket adapter compatable hub

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i would say worksman but they are hard to get wheels from they dont like just selling you the wheels right now they need them for bikes but they make the best wheels 11G spokes and front drum option the sprocket addapter wont work on there rear though you would need to have a different hub laced in

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Hmmm a disk brake instead... I like that idea. Only thing is i want a rear coaster because i like the foot brake and the cb-110 hub can work with the adapter.