My 66cc flying horse engine wont start!

GoldenMotor.com

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
If you popped the clutch while you were pedaling around (sorry if that wasn't clear) then the plug should have been black and oily. This makes me thing you have a fuel problem. Are you using the choke correctly? With these style of carbs the choke isn't a separate jet so it can be a little demanding to do it correctly. Try different choke positions.

Is this a used kit? if so I guess it could be the exhaust but I really, really, really doubt that.

Good luck

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
If you have spark and did not mess with the magneto then it is most likely a fuel issue of either too much or too little. Turn your idle set screw almost alll the way in just to make sure you have the idle set high enough to start. Hold down on the primer until fuel starts running out the back of the carb. Normaly you wouldn't do it this way, but we have to make sure you don't have a blockage. You can also undo the screw on the bottom of the bowl just to make certain it is filling with fuel. Of course I assume you have allready checked the head,intake and exaust to make sure they are all tight. If it still won't start or pop over then you are probably going to have tear your carb apart and make sure that the jet isn't plugged and also make certain the float is working and set correctly.

If you have good spark and the timing is right....then all you need is to figure out why gas isn't making it to the fire. Check your filters and make sure they are installed right. Make sure the fuel valve is working right. HAve you tried putting a teaspoon of fuel directlly into the cylinder to see if it will pop over?

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
If the pipe is heavily used it could be filled with carbon but that is why I said it is very very unlikely. Do what ckangaroo said. Might also check to see if the petcock is working correctly. That probable isn't it because it would still run a little but that might be contributing.