Black Oil Coming from Exhuast and white smoke....

GoldenMotor.com
that screw you were adjusting is the stop for the throttle slide.the slide needs to be raised ,screw adjusted and then lowered using the twist grip.it only controls the idle speed.
i would say mixed boat gas is usually 40:1,so i cant see a problem with that.
any chance it was sitting with the gas tank valve open?
from all that stuff slobbering out of the exhaust i would say its severely flooded.
maybe old boat gas?
notorious for having water in the bottom of the boat fuel tank....
another thing,i would drop the float bowl and check to make sure the jet is still threaded into its place.
the throttle pin is bent, the bike wouldnt even start. i did not have the gas tank valve on the bike open at all and the boat gas does not have water in it because i always close the valve prior to storage of the boat gas tank, i put BRAND NEW gas in it and mixed it 32:1 and it still pisses black oil like stuff out of the exhaust port..... looks like i need a new throttle assembly. take a look at the pics

Attachments

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If you're talking about the brass needle in the middle of the slide being bent, it might have happened during an assembly or reassembly of the carb. Not too expensive, but an irritation when you want to just ride the bike.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I think you'd only need to buy a new needle, but it I don't know what the parts supply is like in the US. Someone with the same supplier can give you accurate information on that.

I think you'd only need to buy a new needle, but it I don't know what the parts supply is like in the US. Someone with the same supplier can give you accurate information on that.
im not from the US LOL, its even harder to find a dealer of parts up here in the north(Canada) i am lucky to know of a place in Hamilton( a city about an hour and a half away from me) that carries bike engine parts, I looked on there site and they do not sell the pin separately so i think i need to buy a whole new throttle assembly(grip kill switch barrel etc,) i know you dont know these engines very well but you probably know more than me about them, can you give ANY explanation as to why oil like stuff is spitting out? i am 99.99% sure there is no water in the engine or gas, i put some 2 stroke oil in the bottom end before i re assembled the engine after fixing an air leak, maybe i put too much? Im stuck, I know engines too but dang! these little buggers are tricky....

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Sorry about the location misunderstanding. You'll probably end up buying over the border anyway.

I know less than you about the engines, you have one, I don't. The slide that holds it should at least be a separate part from the carb body, and you shouldn't need a new cable or twistgrip at all.

As to the black oily gunge, if the needle hasn't actually been sitting in the jet, the jet will have been feeding grossly rich mixture to the engine. If that's the case, it means you must at least have a good ignition to be able to burn it at all, never mind not burning all of it.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
try motorized bicycle.ca,i'm sure paul will help you out with the parts you need.
looks like you misaligned the pin when you put the cap on the carb.
dont feel bad,it has been done many times before.
would explain all your othe issues.
dunno how you are gonna get all that slobber out of the crankcase,though.

i have place orders from them three seperate times,5 days to my door.
http://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/

look at the build picture,mine is the only one.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's a 2 stroke, if it's running now with gunge in it, it will flush through as fuel and air pass through the crankcase.

A point to bear in mind is that a small Japanese 2 stroke carb second hand might be a good option if it will fit easily and without leaks. Just make sure the oil feed pipe on it is sealed to prevent air leaking in.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
you do not need to pour anything else into crankcase.two strokes need nothing in there to run except the proper oil/fuel mix ratio.which goes in the gas tank.
turn it upside down and let whatever is in there run out.overnight might be best.
re assemble and fix your carb and let us know what happens.

i didnt think shipping was out of line from them.and the prices seem competetive.

Mungos

Aug 12, 2021
So i go as book say 16-1 mix and if your spark plug is black and lot of smoke just move your c clip on carb nidle up for me is best midle position and leaking from exhaust down on outlet is ok smoke and litle oil maby one drop bud on connection with motor if leak just see is it flat before you put gasket can be factory problem if it is make it flat

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
So i go as book say 16-1 mix and if your spark plug is black and lot of smoke just move your c clip on carb nidle up for me is best midle position and leaking from exhaust down on outlet is ok smoke and litle oil maby one drop bud on connection with motor if leak just see is it flat before you put gasket can be factory problem if it is make it flat
16:1 is a antiquated suggestion.... Jump right into 32:1 & run it for a few tanks then go to 40:1

Reactions: Mungos